- US-NY-New York
- Legal & Insurance Risk
- 30 Hudson Yards
The in-house Paralegal will be responsible for supporting the General Counsel of Related Companies. This position will have the responsibilities of the day-to-day legal administrative and documentation duties for our business. The successful candidate will have significant litigation and regulatory compliance experience. The position will be based in New York, NY. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and updating electronic case files, litigation logs and master calendar
- Managing litigation and pre-litigation intake process, including acceptance of service of process and notification of Risk Management Department and key stakeholders
- Tracking litigation budgets and spending and helping review billing by law firms and outside vendors
- Assisting in responding to subpoenas and document requests, including by developing search terms and reviewing documents on electronic databases
- Serving as liaison with outside counsel to ensure adherence to agreed-upon schedules and procedures and that counsel’s requests for information are timely handled
- Maintaining litigation holds
- Interfacing with insurance carriers
- Interacting with business personnel as directed to identify key facts, relevant witnesses and documents
- Drafting memoranda, letters and other correspondence
- Reviewing draft documents for accuracy
- Maintaining registrations and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant, litigation-focused, legal experience
- Ability to perform legal research, file and search electronic dockets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Undergraduate degree required
- A Registered Paralegal ( RP) certification is preferred
- State of New York Notary Public is preferred
Please note that Related has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, Related employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States with over sixty billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Formed over 45 years ago, Related is the largest private owner of affordable housing and a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of design, development, acquisitions, management, finance, hospitality, sustainability, and sales. Related’s mixed-use, residential and commercial office properties have been consistently heralded for their placemaking vision – bringing together iconic design, arts and culture, dynamic programming, and innovative wellness programs. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?