Assistant Property Manager & Leasing Manager
- US-NY-New York
- Residential Property Leadership
- 423 West 55th St
The Manager is responsible, under the direction of the General Manager, to deliver the Brand Promise, “Expect More At Home” and for the administration of the site in compliance with all company policies and procedures and all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity, Fair Housing and Human Rights statute. The Manager will provide leasing services to their assigned property in alignment with the leasing department of Region 9.
- Manage financial aspects of operations for the assigned property (or properties) that contribute to the company’s business goals. This includes preparation of property budgets, monthly asset reports, monthly financial change forms, and capital expenditure tracking.
- Supervises all leasing, administrative, and maintenance functions.
- Hires, trains and evaluates leasing/office/maintenance staff, in conjunction with Resident Manager.
- Supervises specific site program administration and ensures that sites are in compliance with brand standards including property presentation, marketing, apparel, etc.
- Resident/landlord relations, which include the management and resolution of customer service issues so that the longer the resident stays at the property, the more satisfied they become.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws, specifically, Fair Housing regulations at site level.
- Special projects as assigned.
Affordable Housing Tasks
- Application of the correct program guidelines consistently and accurately for each household in relation to its tenancy which includes the Low –Income-Housing Tax-Credit guidelines as per Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Service Code, the HUD 4350.3 Section 8 requirements (where applicable), Inclusionary Housing Program Requirements, Bond Program Requirements, 421-a requirements, and in compliance with Related’s policies and procedures.
- Application of the guidelines referenced above including tasks such as Recertification Forms, Initial Certification Forms, as well as reporting within RMC such as Recertification Ticklers, ELI Tracking, Sec 504 Tracking, participation in audit responses, as applicable.
- Participates in the renewal and recertification processes of individual sites, such as timely recertifications of income and other eligibility requirements and the receipt of renewals including review, follow-up with tenants, spreadsheet management, distribution, and coordination with subsidy agencies; coordinates with legal team regarding tenants who do not complete recertification or renewal.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off & holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Robust modern fertility program
- Incentive bonus program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Program & more!
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Active NY Real Estate Licence is required
- Five years of knowledge of property management compliance practice and procedures related to Class A properties and/or hospitality experience
- Experience in budget preparation and financial reporting, with a strong understanding of building operational systems, leasing and marketing
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience managing a team of people
- Ability to analyze data/reports to develop solutions to sustain high standards of customer service, optimal revenue generation and effective expense management as demonstrated by business results in previous position
- Ability to successfully resolve resident issues as demonstrated by work experience
- Ability to negotiate and manage contracts with 3rd party service providers as demonstrated by previous work experience
- Position will require some overtime including possible evenings and weekends during lease up. Hours will be mostly set but there is a reasonable expectation of flexibility of schedule
Related Management Company is the owner and operator of a premier portfolio of assets valued at over Sixty billion. Our operating portfolio consists of a diversified mix of properties including luxury rental buildings, retail and commercial space, luxury condominium residences, affordable, and workforce housing located throughout the United States.
As the owner and developer for the majority of the RMC portfolio, we have ensured that our buildings are the best assets in their respective submarkets. We provide a diligently maintained property management platform with dedicated professionals who consistently exceeds our residents’ and commercial tenants’ expectations. Our dedication to providing the highest and most personalized level of service is one of the hallmarks of the company and a key differentiator in the market. For more please visit www.Related.com.
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Not the right job for you?