Loading Dock Manager
- US-CA-Los Angeles
- Property Maintenance
- 333 South Grand Avenue
The Loading Dock Manager of The Grand, Los Angeles is a full time management role with a focus on overseeing the loading dock operations for the Master Association. Responsibilities include overseeing the day-to-day operations, including loading dock contract oversight. This individual shall implement policies, procedures and programs that will assure a well-managed, well-maintained dock. Reports to the Operations Manager for the Grand
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Loading Dock Manager is responsible for execution of the following objectives:
- Manage day-to-day operations related to the loading dock, ensuring efficiency, safety and security
- Direct the daily scheduling, acceptance, security checks, verification, delivery and departure of delivery vehicles
- Address and resolve delivery issues as necessary
- Ensure proper safety procedures are followed at all times through daily observation, including the safe operation of equipment on the dock and loading and unloading of vehicles
- Manage and supervise loading dock contracts, including, but not limited to web-based scheduling program, waste removal provider, and loading dock gate servicer
- Coordinate corrective maintenance and repairs that relate to managed service contracts, as well as other projects as assigned
- Conduct and document daily physical inspections of the loading dock and proactively identify areas requiring repair or maintenance
- Act as primary liaison with all stakeholders on matters concerning loading dock operations
- Assist with emergency planning and response in coordination with other key members of the property operations team
- Promote organizational strategies, policies, procedures, goals and objectives
- Build and maintain strong relationships across the asset, ensuring honest, timely and transparent communication
- Keep General Manager, Property Manager, Chief Engineer and Director of Security apprised of new or ongoing projects that have potential impact to building operations
- Manage critical issues and participate as a key team leader in response to emergency situations related to the loading dock in order to implement necessary corrective measures.
- Submit written monthly reports and provide verbal and other presentations as directed by Master Association Management Personnel
- Maintain written record of all stakeholder requests
- Make recommendations for annual budget relative to loading dock operations and associated areas and equipment
- Manage expenditures for applicable areas of responsibility
- Experience in operational loading dock management of Class A retail or mixed-use asset.
- Effective, clear, and affirmative verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of building loading dock and logistical operations
- Ability to perform written assignments, including preparation of activity reports and communication with stakeholder and tenants
- Ability to quickly adapt to new priorities and work to strict deadlines in a fast paced environment, while also managing competing priorities
- Agile in complex situations, anticipating and adjusting for problems and/or roadblocks
- Strong character and work ethic
- Clear and demonstrated decision making capabilities
- Ability to support and inspire an innovative and productive operating culture
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that Related has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, Related employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Related Management Company is the owner and operator of a premier portfolio of assets valued at over Sixty billion. Our operating portfolio consists of a diversified mix of properties including luxury rental buildings, retail and commercial space, luxury condominium residences, affordable, and workforce housing located throughout the United States.
As the owner and developer for the majority of the RMC portfolio, we have ensured that our buildings are the best assets in their respective submarkets. We provide a diligently maintained property management platform with dedicated professionals who consistently exceeds our residents’ and commercial tenants’ expectations. Our dedication to providing the highest and most personalized level of service is one of the hallmarks of the company and a key differentiator in the market. For more please visit www.Related.com.
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Not the right job for you?