Risk Management Contract Administrator
- US-NY-New York
- Legal & Insurance Risk
- 423 West 55th St
The Related Companies, a privately-owned real estate owner, operator and developer, is looking to hire a Contract Administrator within the Risk Management Department who will, under the direction of the Chief Risk Officer, have primary responsibility for reviewing, drafting and negotiating the risk-related provisions within a wide variety of contracts associated with real estate development, construction, ownership and management. The position requires a detailed understanding of insurance coverage, the traditional allocation of risk between contract parties, how those allocations are evolving in the current business environment and an appreciation for their application in achieving Related’s corporate objectives. Success in this position will require the ability to discuss the coverage and contract provisions with various business units, consultants and internal/external legal counsel, and to develop and negotiate mutually acceptable compromise to problematic contract provisions. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with business units, internal/external legal counsel and risk management consultants on the review, analysis, interpretation and negotiation of the insurance and risk-related provisions in all types of contracts typical to real estate development and operations, including, but not limited to, lease, property management, access, license, finance, construction/development and partnership agreements.
- Log, review, track and negotiate agreements in a timely manner; reviewing for accuracy, continuity, completeness and adherence to risk management department policies, applicable insurance coverage, and industry norms.
- Identify and communicate potential risks that contract changes may pose to the organization.
- Strong ability to revise language within existing contracts, as well as draft and collaborate on the development of new corporate contract templates, creating department and company standards and rules.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ relevant experience in the commercial real estate and/or risk management industries with relevant experience to provide a strong foundation regarding the appropriate allocation of risk within all types of contractual agreements that reflects Related’s insurance programs and risk management policies.
- Ability to work independently but also be a collaborative team player.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple matters and accommodate tight deadlines while working in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment.
- Have a practical, solutions-oriented approach when faced with complex legal and business issues with the ability to understand varying viewpoints and to develop viable solutions.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills:
- Ease in working with people up and down the organization hierarchy
- Skilled in professional negotiation
- Naturally adaptive to different audiences
- Diplomatically assertive.
- Demonstrated ability to act with discretion and judgment and maintenance of confidentiality.
- Strong sense of integrity and ethics; values entrepreneurialism; demonstrates strong intellectual curiosity; always seeking new approaches and challenging the organization to new levels of success.
Please note that Related has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, Related employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States with over sixty billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Formed over 45 years ago, Related is the largest private owner of affordable housing and a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of design, development, acquisitions, management, finance, hospitality, sustainability, and sales. Related’s mixed-use, residential and commercial office properties have been consistently heralded for their placemaking vision – bringing together iconic design, arts and culture, dynamic programming, and innovative wellness programs. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?