At Related, our 10-week summer internship offer students hands-on experience and a chance to work on challenging projects with some of the best minds in the business. The Related Internship Program not only places you within a specific project area, but also provides tours of our portfolio, and exposes you to our multi-faceted lines of business through an outstanding executive speaker series.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to develop valuable contacts and obtain the type of hands-on experience that will benefit you as you make important career choices.
- Support the Deal Team Leader in all aspects of affordable housing acquisitions, financing, and development.
- Communication with investors, brokers, property managers, industry consultants, and third parties involved in property valuation.
- Compilation of due diligence information including financial, market, demographic, site, federal, and state regulatory data.
- Review and completion of applications and documentation necessary for debt and equity financing, property purchase and sale, government subsidies, and rental contract maintenance.
- Financial modeling and presentations with a focus on property valuation using a range of capital structures and financing tools unique to affordable housing.
- Involvement in contract negotiation and review of legal documentation for joint venture and loan agreements, purchase and sale contracts, and ownership structures.
- Validation and defense of budgets, assumptions, and pro-forma analysis, including the identification of problems inherent to a given project.
Our ideal candidate will be a 1st year MBA with the following skills:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience in real estate, investment banking, or finance
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and modeling skills are required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical systems
- A highly entrepreneurial, self-motivated and results-oriented individual
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Keen Attention to Detail
- High Energy; Possessed with Drive
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Excellent professional demeanor with the ability to work with a wide range of levels of management
- A strong passion for Real Estate Development
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Not the right job for you?