- Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies and we continue to place a high priority on developing, acquiring and preserving housing for this sector.
- Over 60% of our 50,000+ residential apartment homes under our management are part of one or more affordable housing programs, and an additional 20% of these homes provide workforce housing.
- In the area of acquisitions and refinancing, we pursue properties that meet one of the following criteria: Section 8 properties with project-based contracts
Section 236 properties in need of rehabilitation
Section 42 LIHTC properties with expiring low-income restrictions
Section 515 FmHA properties with loans that can be prepaid
Other assisted properties, including HODAG, HOME, federal or state-financed public housing.
- Many of the buildings we encounter are in need of substantial upgrading and preservation in order to continue to properly fulfill the needs of their tenants.
- Given our 45 years of experience in debt and equity financing – as well as our extensive management of government-assisted properties – we are well positioned to buy out existing owners who lack the resources and experience to recapitalize and, therefore, wish to exit the affordable housing arena
Related Management is seeking a Fulltime Assistant Community Manager in Austin, TX
- Maintain high levels of resident satisfaction by seeking to understand and anticipate resident needs
- Ensure available units are leases in accordance with their various set-asides and/or rent income restrictions
- Assist the Community Manger in effectively maintaining the property within budgeted parameters and project stays in compliance with applicable regulations including: Section 42, HUD 4350, the property specific LURA and any other state and federal regulations governing the project.
- Ensure that property records are accurately maintained (lease and general files) and ensure that all lease files are maintained in a secured area.
- Collect security deposits and rents, and institute proper procedures against delinquent accounts.
- Complete annual and interim recertifications for all residents in accordance with company and Section 8/Tax Credit guidelines
- Interact with current and prospective residents
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies
- Assist in all aspects of leasing including, but not limited to; touring, accepting and processing applications, phones, call backs and thank you cards
- Preparation of correspondence such as rent charges, eviction notices, collections, etc.
- Complete tenant move-ins and move-outs in compliance with all company procedures
- Conduct unit inspections Maintain the safety and security of the apartment community at all times
An ideal candidate will meet the following qualifications.
- One to three years of experience Affordable Housing experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to understand financial goals.
- Strong knowledge of HUD policies as well as Project Based Section 8 rules and regulations for Project-Based Affordable Housing and Tax Credit.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to develop a rapport with the residents and HUD administrator/State Monitoring Agency.
- Deal with resident concerns and requests on timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management.
- Effectively maintain product knowledge of community and competitive communities through consistent evaluation of market conditions and trends.
- Consistently use successful techniques and company directives to screen, hire, orient and train new personnel.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Position requires extensive administrative and organizational skills; ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including excellent telephone skills).
- Ability and commitment to learn new material quickly and further develop skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Experience with MS-Office (solid knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience with OneSite program (or similar software program) or ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Ability to perform accounting functions (Accounts Payable/Receivable) complete with comprehensive understanding of credits / debits / re-classes and accruals.
- Ability to work on several projects at once while continuing to perform day-to-day activities
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Not the right job for you?