- US-NY-New York
- Accounting / Finance
- 423 West 55th Street
Related Companies is the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 47 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of over 3,500 professionals. With over $50 billion in assets owned or under development, the company’s portfolio is made up of best-in-class developments in premier high-barrier-to-entry markets across all asset classes.
Related was recently named one of the “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World” by Fast Company Magazine. Related has dramatically redefined the concept of metropolitan luxury by introducing extraordinary residential properties in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York City and Washington, D.C. With each new building, Related has been hailed for setting new standards of excellence in the luxury marketplace. Related also owns an extensive portfolio of workforce and affordable housing and has several new rental developments underway across the country. Among other leadership initiatives, they were the first landlord to accept credit card payments, one of the first developers to build sustainable high-rise buildings and the first national developer to go smoke-free. Related’s commitment to hospitality-level service in its residential buildings includes a proprietary training program that empowers employees to exceed its residents’ expectations, and an exclusive strategic partnership with Hello Alfred to provide a suite of personal life-enhancing services to residents. Related is also a strategic investor in category-defining companies including Equinox® and SoulCycle. For more information about Related Companies please visit www.related.com.
A growing firm, a leader in the Real Estate industry, is looking for an Accounts Receivable staff to join their team. In this role, this individual will be responsible for handling comprehensive cash application, Billing, and Collections.
Individual must have strong communication skills. In this role, they will be responsible for performing multiple tasks within the AR Dept. These include monthly reconciliations, manage deposits, Billing/Collections processing and work independently.
This individual will interact with customers (inter-company) at a corporate level.
• Responsible for entering daily receipts via live checks, ACH, and Wires.
• Reviewed and monitored all cash applications to ensure proper allocation, and accuracy while ensuring internal controls are efficient and maintained in accordance with ISOX.
• Analyzing and Uploading high volume of billing transactions.
• Month-end reconciliation of 200+ bank accounts from over 20 banking institutions.
• Collaborated with the accounting teams to research and resolve all account discrepancies assuring efficient weekly, monthly, quarterly closings.
• Generating Age Delinquency reports and handling collections calls.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, exclusively Excel).
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
• Ability to work independently.
• Time Management.
• Knowledge of JD Edwards (a plus)
• The ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and prioritize assignments.
• Assist the team leads with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the Accounts Receivable Department.
• Perform the processing and recording of accounts receivable/payable transactions via Upload program and ensure that all invoices and reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with the policies and procedures
• Manage the processing of cash receipts, recording of receivable and work closely with the Team to ensure that receivables are reconciled with the data at any given time.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Monitor and collect data to assess accuracy and integrity; analyze data; ensure compliance with applicable standards (i.e.) regulations and systems of internal control; interpret and evaluate results, prepare reports.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Be able to demonstrate attention to details and good-record-keeping.
• Hands-on detail-oriented tasks.
• Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization.
• High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
• Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in accounting and keep current with developments and trends. Knowledge and ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs.
• At least two solid years of accounting.
• Must have a degree in Accounting or Finance.
Not the right job for you?