- US-NY-New York
- Customer Experience
- 20 Hudson Yards
About Snark Park
Snark Park is a multi-faceted exhibition space that will house a series of immersive art installations, all created by design studio Snarkitecture. Opening at Hudson Yards in New York City in 2019, it will offer visitors the opportunity to engage with a rotating program of design environments that play with material, texture and the reduction of color.
Snark Park promotes a dialogue that is equally creative and contemplative — all in keeping with Snarkitecture’s aim to challenge visitors to investigate the familiar with a fresh curiosity. An ecosystem of tailored design, Snark Park offers a unique retail experience with exclusive merchandise and food in collaboration with KITH Treats, Snarkitecture-designed limited edition art objects and one-of-a-kind collaborations with brands from around the world.
Related Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
The visitor experience assistant manager is a key member of the front of house operations for Snark Park. Reporting to the operations manager, the VEASM will be responsible for choreographing the optimal guest experience at Snark Park. We are looking for someone who appreciates how sound, temperature, light, design and conversation all play into experience and this person will meld these elements into the optimal sequence for each visitor coming to Snark Park. VEA’s will be cross trained in a number of roles including serving as an installation ambassador, facilitating the entry process, assist with itinerary planning within the Hudson Yards portfolio and other duties as assigned. Assistant Managers should have a strong customer service background, the ability to problem solve and take initiative, and superb interpersonal communication skills. This role will support the initiates of the operations manager in creating an ecosystem built on the ethos of the company – contemplate, explore, relax and play.
• Welcome visitors to the space and facilitate the entry point of their journey at Snark Park
• Obtain and absorb the ethos of Snark Park and be able to explain to visitors the concept and framework for appreciating Snark Park
• Assist with general wayfinding questions and questions pertaining to the installations
• Assist with choreographing the proper visitor flow into the space
• Create an environment that is calm and orderly and where people feel comfortable
• Shared interest in creating an aesthetically pleasing working environment for the public and other colleagues
• Assist with remedying customer feedback
• Participate in team meetings and training seminars
• Create scheduling for entire VEA staff and adhere to holidays and/or events
• Have open availability to cover necessary shifts
• Provide bi-weekly reports of staff and customer experience to improve overall process.
• Coach and provide ongoing training to new hires
• Lead or assist with specialty group and events
• Two+ years of experience in a customer-facing role
• Passion for museums and or rotating design environments strongly preferred
• Open to rethinking the audience experience using technology and new strategies
• Patience and strong communication skills
• Ability to think on your feet in a fast paced and unpredictable environment
• Ability to work on your feet for long periods of time
• Knowledge of ios and android devices
• Ability to use an online scheduling system
• Ability to troubleshoot issues
• Must be able to work at least 6-8 hours per day
• Full-time schedule with a minimum of 40 hours per week
• Weekend availability is required
• Holiday availability required
• Additional hours may become available for private events
Not the right job for you?