- US-CA-San Francisco
- 44 Montgomery Street
Related California is seeking a Summer Associate for its San Francisco office. As part of a small and dynamic team, the candidate will have the opportunity to take on challenging projects and gain hands-on experience with various aspects of the development process. The Summer Associate will be exposed to the team’s wide variety of affordable and mixed-use projects and will participate in sourcing and evaluating new deals, day-to-day business functions and decision making within the organization. This is an excellent position for someone interested in a career in affordable housing development.
Related California is a full-service real estate firm that has developed over 15,000 units of quality affordable and market-rate multifamily and mixed-use residential properties in California since its inception in 1989. Related California’s projects range from low- and moderate-income homes to high-rise luxury apartments. All properties are designed, built, and managed to the highest standards, regardless of the income level served. Related California prides itself on its track record of consistently developing best-in-class communities that represent industry benchmarks in design, construction, sustainability, and property management.
Related Companies is one of the largest and strongest privately owned real estate firms in the United States. Formed 40 years ago, Related is a fully integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing, and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago Los Angeles, Las Vegas, San Francisco, South Florida, Abu Dhabi, Shanghai, and Sao Paulo and boasts a team of approximately 2,000 professionals. Related’s existing portfolio of real estate assets, valued at over $50 billion, is made up of best-in-class mixed-use, residential, retail, office, trade show, and affordable properties in premier high barrier-to-entry markets.
• Participate in deal sourcing (on and off-market opportunities, RFP/Qs), evaluation and analysis, and early phase development activities.
• Support Executives and Project Managers on all aspects of the development process including analysis, acquisition, financing, entitlements, design and transactions.
• Compile due diligence materials including physical, financial, market, demographic, and regulatory data
• Engage in financial modeling and presentations using a range of capital structures and financing tools unique to affordable housing
• Benchmark economic activity in target markets by tracking rents, sales, operating costs, competitive supply, and economic expansion activity.
• Collect and organize information, data and resources to be referenced and used in securing new business opportunities.
The ideal candidate is 1st or 2nd year student working toward their MBA, MCP, MCP/MPH, JD or similar
• Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience in real estate or finance
• Strong quantitative, analytical and financial modeling skills
• Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills are a prerequisite; experience with MS Project a plus
• Great organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple deadlines, tasks, and assignments. Keen attention to detail
• A thoughtful analyst with strong intellectual curiosity
• High energy and self-driven. Suitability to an entrepreneurial culture that places a premium on performance
• Must be a team player but also a self-starter that can perform with limited direction
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Not the right job for you?