- Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies and we continue to place a high priority on developing, acquiring and preserving housing for this sector.
- Over 60% of our 50,000+ residential apartment homes under our management are part of one or more affordable housing programs, and an additional 20% of these homes provide workforce housing.
- In the area of acquisitions and refinancing, we pursue properties that meet one of the following criteria: Section 8 properties with project-based contracts
Section 236 properties in need of rehabilitation
Section 42 LIHTC properties with expiring low-income restrictions
Section 515 FmHA properties with loans that can be prepaid
Other assisted properties, including HODAG, HOME, federal or state-financed public housing.
- Many of the buildings we encounter are in need of substantial upgrading and preservation in order to continue to properly fulfill the needs of their tenants.
- Given our 45 years of experience in debt and equity financing – as well as our extensive management of government-assisted properties – we are well positioned to buy out existing owners who lack the resources and experience to recapitalize and, therefore, wish to exit the affordable housing arena
Your role with the company:
This Community Manager is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of a affordable housing community. The Community Manager is responsible for overall day-to-day operations of one or several properties including the supervision of office and maintenance functions in compliance with all company policies and procedures and all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity, Fair Housing and Human Rights statutes, as well as ensuring each property compliance with all and any applicable program regulations.
- Supervise accounts payable/receivable.
- Understanding of Operating Statements and Financial Budgets is a must.
- Supervise all marketing, leasing and administrative functions for LIHTC and Project Based Section 8 property.
- Hire, train and evaluates all office/maintenance staff.
- Supervise site specific program administration, ensure compliance with each applicable agency (HDC, HCR, HUD, etc)
- Tenant/landlord relations.
- Supervise day-to-day maintenance operations.
- Financial analysis and reporting.
- Develop property budget.
- Special projects as assigned.
Benefits and features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs.
- Two+ years supervisory skills.
- Strong leadership, organizational, administrative skills.
- Team oriented.
- Must be able to prioritize, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong financial skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Rent stabilization regulations, Section 8 vouchers, LIHTC, Project Based Section 8, Recertification and income calculation process.
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Not the right job for you?