Analyst, Equity Fund
- US-NY-New York
- Asset / Portfolio Management
- 60 Columbus Circle
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. With over $60 billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Related Fund Management (“RFM”) is a Registered Investment Adviser and wholly-owned subsidiary of The Related Companies, LP. RFM is staffed by approximately 40 seasoned professionals and currently manages approximately $6 billion of capital on behalf of sovereign wealth funds, pension plans, multi-managers, endowments and family offices across three areas: opportunistic real estate investments, origination and acquisition of debt, and multi-family housing opportunities.
The Equity Fund Management Analyst will focus on all aspects of real estate acquisitions and asset management. This position will be based in New York and report to the head of Related Fund Management.
Specific activities for the role include:
- Financial analysis, including building detailed financial models in excel and ARGUS to perform valuation and return sensitivity analysis across various property types, including office, residential, hotel, industrial, and retail
- Overseeing acquisition due diligence process, including:
- Market analysis – Evaluation of market fundamentals to assess supply and demand characteristics
- Comparable analysis – Collection and evaluation of leasing and sales comparables
- Third party diligence – Managing process of obtaining information from third party consultants (capital cost, environmental, operational, etc.)
- Authoring comprehensive investment committee memos outlining investment rationale, deal returns, and key execution risks
- Managing owned asset portfolio by assisting on refinancing, property sales, quarterly valuation, and the preparation of business plans
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience in real estate, investment banking, or finance.
- Understanding of real estate credit.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and modeling skills are required.
- Exceptional time management and prioritization are necessary to succeed in a fast-paced environment where the Analyst will be required to manage multiple projects with significant responsibilities and competing priorities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels are keys to success at Related.
- Strategic thinker, innovative and problem-solver.
- Ownership mentality.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Adaptive, Assertiveness and Leader.
- Strong sense of integrity and ethics. Values entrepreneurialism, independent thought and innovation.
- Must be able to work well in groups but also take ownership of tasks.
- Attention to detail as well as a strong desire to grow and succeed is critical.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
Not the right job for you?