Related Hudson Yards Manager is the brain, heart and soul of Hudson Yards. Just as Hudson Yards is transforming the world’s most spectacular skyline, Related Hudson Yards Manager is reimagining community. We are a collaborative force driven by expertise, ingenuity and passion. We pay attention to our tenants in a way that shatters tradition. We understand who they need us to be and where they need us to be even before they do. Equipped with an ever-expanding range of amenities and resources, we strive to help our tenants be productive and happy. Wherever we are today, we are committed to be in a better place tomorrow. Where do we draw the line? We don’t.
The Hudson Yards Assistant General Manager, in conjunction with the General Manager, Director of Operations and Security Director are responsible for enhancing the shopping center by identifying center objectives, while providing adequate management and administrative support for property, security and engineering staff and fulfills all tasks described in the job description in compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Ability to work within a very dynamic environment and balance significant hours of office work and overtime, with walking around the property to meet the needs for adequate property management. May occasionally be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, electrical hazards and moderately noisy areas.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Communicates effectively and frequently with the General Manager regarding all significant operating issues.
- Responsible for providing high quality, efficient, friendly and energetic service.
- Assists General Manager in developing, updating, and implementing SOP's for various departments, as well as policies and procedures that when followed, result in the maintenance of the property in a consistently clean manner, where all building systems are observed and attended to promptly and efficiently, while minimizing any unnecessary disruption to our guests.
- Assists General Manager in overseeing all Management Office Administrative staff, front desk, and security.
- Actively contribute and support the Leasing Representative in developing and implementing the center's leasing strategy.
- Professionally represent the Company and develop strong relationships with existing and prospective tenants. Proactively respond to tenant issues, conduct formal and informal tenant meetings to promote/discuss marketing, operations and security.
- Support marketing in the development and execution of a comprehensive marketing plan that enhances Shopping Center and key retailer sales, enhances SBV revenues, deliver compelling mall programming and maximize technological resources such as social media to connect with shoppers.
- Develop and retain a highly skilled shopping center team. Provide employees with appropriate tools and training to create an environment that maximizes performance and adheres to all company policy and procedures.
- Maximize the center’s influence and leadership position in the community and with partners for the company’s benefit.
- Assists with the preparation of reforecast and budget documentation. Inspects facilities and equipment to determine extent of service and equipment required. Works with Vendors to facilitate maintenance, repair, or renovation and obtains bids for additional work from outside contractors, pursuant to client. Vendor and service provider interaction daily to ensure that goods or services are being received per contracts in place.
- Available for MOD (Manager on Duty) based on schedule. Be available for weekday committee meetings or other events as well as be available to return to the property in the event of an emergency as determined by the General Manager.
- Administer and facilitate all security surveillance repairs, replacements and installations. Responsible for all IT related issues. Provide support to all staffs regarding standing building policies and enforcement. Prepares and reviews financial reports for client on monthly, quarterly and annual basis complying with requirements in management services agreement, with copy to the General Manager.
- Inspects all properties on a regular basis to ensure building operations are performing according to standards and procedures.
- In the absence of the General Manager, serve as the as the person responsible for oversight of all of the administrative staff.
- Weekends may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- 3- 5 years of experience in shopping centers or equivalent retail environment
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents
- Effective writing and communication skills in public speaking
- Good working knowledge of budgeting, accounting and financial analysis
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Ability to adapt to changing work environment
#CB #CB2 IND1
Related Is An Equal Opportunity Employer