- US-NY-New York
- 60 Columbus Circle
The Development Analyst will be responsible for supporting the residential development team in all aspects of their projects including: financial analysis and modeling, due diligence, zoning, legal oversight, budgeting, design, construction, and leasing. This position will be based in New York and report to the Executive Vice President of Development.
- Perform financial analysis and due diligence for new investment opportunities.
- Assist with all aspects of a development: financing, entitlement / government approvals, public relations, design, leasing / marketing, and construction.
- Assist in preparing business plans, including annual operating plans, financial forecasts and strategic plans.
- Monitor construction costs, budgeting, and the timeline of deliverables.
- Research and analyze market and competitive property activity by tracking rents, sales per SF, operating costs, and competitive supply.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to superiors.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Strong quantitative, financial analysis and modeling (MS Excel) skills are a prerequisite.
- Strong project management skills, results-driven, adaptable with ability to manage multiple priorities and schedules.
- Experience, knowledge, and understanding of real estate development a plus.
- Deal instinct and owner mentality.
- Self-starting personality that can work well with limited direction.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent professional demeanor with the ability to work with a wide range of levels and management.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- High energy; possessed with drive.
- Suitability to an entrepreneurial culture that places a premium on performance.
- Ability to multi-task and shift direction easily.
- Strategic thinker, innovative and problem-solver.
- Ownership mentality.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Adaptive, Assertiveness and Leader.
- Strong sense of integrity and ethics. Values entrepreneurialism, independent thought and innovation.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. With over $60 billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?