Assistant Community Manager
- Property Management
- Ike Sims
Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies and we continue to place a high priority on developing, acquiring and preserving housing for this sector. In fact, over 60% of our 50,000+ residential apartment homes under our management are part of one or more affordable housing programs, and an additional 20% of these homes provide workforce housing.
In the area of acquisitions and refinancing, we pursue properties that meet one of the following criteria: Section 8 properties with project-based contracts; Section 236 properties in need of rehabilitation; Section 42 LIHTC properties with expiring low-income restrictions; Section 515 FmHA properties with loans that can be prepaid; or other assisted properties, including HODAG, HOME, federal or state-financed public housing.
Many of the buildings we encounter are in need of substantial upgrading and preservation in order to continue to properly fulfill the needs of their tenants. Given our 42 years of experience in debt and equity financing – as well as our extensive management of government-assisted properties – we are well positioned to buy out existing owners who lack the resources and experience to recapitalize and, therefore, wish to exit the affordable housing arena. In addition, with our extensive development experience, we bring the knowhow to expertly rehabilitate the units, thus assuring the continued viability of these projects for years to come.
Your role with the company:
The Community Manager is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of an affordable housing community including the supervision of office and maintenance functions in compliance with all company policies and procedures and all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity, Fair Housing and Human Rights statutes, as well as ensuring each property compliance with all and any applicable program regulations.
- Supervise accounts payable/receivable.
- Understanding of Operating Statements and Financial Budgets is a must.
- Supervise all marketing, leasing and administrative functions for LIHTC and Project-Based Section 8 property.
- Hire, train and evaluates all office/maintenance staff.
- Supervise site-specific program administration, ensure compliance with each applicable agency (HDC, HCR, HUD, etc)
- Tenant/landlord relations.
- Supervise day-to-day maintenance operations.
- Financial analysis and reporting.
- Develop property budget.
- Special projects as assigned.
Benefits and features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs.
- Affordable Housing and LIHTC/section 8 experience strongly preferred
- 2+ years experience in property management
- Strong leadership and accounting skills are a must
- Position requires extensive administrative and organizational skills; ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including excellent telephone skills)
- Ability and commitment to learn new material quickly and further develop skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team
- Experience with MS-Office (solid knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook)Experience with OneSite program (or similar software program) or ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Ability to perform accounting functions (Accounts Payable/Receivable) complete with comprehensive understanding of credits/debits/re-classes and accruals.
- Ability to work on several projects at once while continuing to perform day-to-day activities
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Not the right job for you?