Analyst, Risk Management
- US-NY-New York
- Accounting / Finance
- 423 West 55th Street
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. With over $60 billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Related Companies, a privately-owned real estate owner, operator and developer, is looking to hire a Risk Management Operations Analyst who will assist in creating financial analyses used to support decision making for the company’s Risk Management Department and oversee administrative processes. This position will report to the Manager, Operations / Financial Planning & Analysis for Related Companies and will be based in New York. The position requires a detail oriented, self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills.
- Assist in compiling consolidated annual budgets (develop templates, assumptions, analyses and reports), forecasts (templates and set frequency and levels of detail), and performance management (development of key performance indicators, setting of target, and analysis/reporting)
- Assist in developing and updating reports to monitor payroll reporting by subcontractors
- Assist in developing and maintaining processes and procedures over management reporting
- Assist in the dissemination of invoices to appropriate divisions, assisting in proper coding and verifying timely payment
- Assist in the development of detailed policy/program summaries for internal and external dissemination, as appropriate
- Prepare actual versus budget variance analysis
- Maintain relationships with internal and external customers
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis
- Assist in various ongoing ad-hoc activities
- Minimum of 2-4 years of work experience in Finance and or/Accounting. Big Four experience preferred but not required
- Highly intelligent with excellent analytical skills, with a larger focus on financial reporting and ability to convert raw data into financial analyses
- Ability to analyze complex problems; develop and communicate potential solutions
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to work collaboratively, adapt to project developments, communicate clearly, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Adaptive, Assertiveness and Leader.
- Strong sense of integrity and ethics. Values entrepreneurialism, independent thought and innovation.
- Experience with accounting systems and information tools such as JD Edwards, Hyperion and database applications, a plus
- Undergraduate degree required
- Advanced Degree, CFA and/or MBA, a plus
- Real Estate experience, a plus
- Risk Management experience, a plus
Not the right job for you?