Assistant Community Manager
- Property Management
- 2515 McKinney Avenue
Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies and we continue to place a high priority on developing, acquiring and preserving housing for this sector. In fact, over 60% of our 50,000+ residential apartment homes under our management are part of one or more affordable housing programs, and an additional 20% of these homes provide workforce housing.
In the area of acquisitions and refinancing, we pursue properties that meet one of the following criteria: Section 8 properties with project-based contracts; Section 236 properties in need of rehabilitation; Section 42 LIHTC properties with expiring low-income restrictions; Section 515 FmHA properties with loans that can be prepaid; or other assisted properties, including HODAG, HOME, federal or state-financed public housing.
Many of the buildings we encounter are in need of substantial upgrading and preservation in order to continue to properly fulfill the needs of their tenants. Given our 42 years of experience in debt and equity financing – as well as our extensive management of government-assisted properties – we are well positioned to buy out existing owners who lack the resources and experience to recapitalize and, therefore, wish to exit the affordable housing arena. In addition, with our extensive development experience, we bring the knowhow to expertly rehabilitate the units, thus assuring the continued viability of these projects for years to come.
Related Management is one of the largest property management companies within Affordable Housing industry. Currently in 29 states and growing in Texas, we are looking for an Assistant Community Manager
- Maintain high levels of resident satisfaction by seeking to understand and anticipate resident needs
- Ensure available units are leases in accordance with their various set-asides and/or rent income restrictions
- Assist the Community Manger in effectively maintaining the property within budgeted parameters and project stays in compliance with applicable regulations including: Section 42, HUD 4350, the property specific LURA and any other state and federal regulations governing the project.
- Ensure that property records are accurately maintained (lease and general files) and ensure that all lease files are maintained in a secured area.
- Collect security deposits and rents, and institute proper procedures against delinquent accounts.
- Complete annual and interim recertifications for all residents in accordance with company and Section 8/Tax Credit guidelines
- Interact with current and prospective residents
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies
- Assist in all aspects of leasing including, but not limited to; touring, accepting and processing applications, phones, call backs and thank you cards
- Preparation of correspondence such as rent charges, eviction notices, collections, etc.
- Complete tenant move-ins and move-outs in compliance with all company procedures
- Conduct unit inspections Maintain the safety and security of the apartment community at all times
- All other duties assigned by supervisor
Benefits and features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs
- One to three years of experience Affordable Housing experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to understand financial goals.
- Strong knowledge of HUD policies as well as Project Based Section 8 rules and regulations for Project-Based Affordable Housing and Tax Credit.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to develop a rapport with the residents and HUD administrator/State Monitoring Agency.
- Deal with resident concerns and requests on timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management.
- Effectively maintain product knowledge of community and competitive communities through consistent evaluation of market conditions and trends.
- Consistently use successful techniques and company directives to screen, hire, orient and train new personnel.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Position requires extensive administrative and organizational skills; ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including excellent telephone skills).
- Ability and commitment to learn new material quickly and further develop skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Experience with MS-Office (solid knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience with OneSite program (or similar software program) or ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Ability to perform accounting functions (Accounts Payable/Receivable) complete with comprehensive understanding of credits / debits / re-classes and accruals.
- Ability to work on several projects at once while continuing to perform day-to-day activities
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Not the right job for you?