Asset Manager, Retail
- US-NY-New York
- 60 Columbus Circle
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. With over $60 billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Hudson Yards is New York’s newest neighborhood and home to more than 100 diverse shops and culinary experiences, offices for leaders in industry, significant public art and dynamic cultural institutions including The Shed, modern residences, 14 acres of public plazas, gardens and groves and the world’s first Equinox Hotel.
The Retail Asset Manager will be responsible for day-to-day asset management for Related Hudson Yards Retail. S/He will oversee the operating and financial performance of The Shops & Restaurants at Hudson Yards through strategic and proactive asset management. The portfolio consists of a first class, 650,000 SF of destination retail and food & beverage.
- Day to day asset management, reporting on the Retail at Hudson Yards in New York, incorporating leasing, operating capital, market conditions and refinancing objectives.
- Represent ownership stakeholders by helping to direct the capital and operating budget process.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the asset and its lease agreements.
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports to stakeholders, including monthly variances and reforecasting for both asset and portfolio levels.
- Prepare and maintain financial models for periodic valuations, leasing analysis and other owner / partner requests.
- Review and finalize annual operating budget.
- Monitor monthly financials to assess operational performance against budget
- Report on operating income and property value growth
- Take ownership of future financings including lender due diligence, etc.
- Proactively ensure coordination and communication between a variety of internal disciplines and stakeholders as it relates to the asset
- A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant asset management experience within retail properties, enclosed mall experience a plus.
- Strong ARGUS and financial modeling experience.
- Understanding of real estate capital markets and asset financing experience
- Knowledge of the retail industry.
- Experience with complex lease agreements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree a plus.
Not the right job for you?