Assistant Community Manager
- Property Management
- Peterson Plaza
Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies and we continue to place a high priority on developing, acquiring and preserving housing for this sector. In fact, over 60% of our 50,000+ residential apartment homes under our management are part of one or more affordable housing programs, and an additional 20% of these homes provide workforce housing.
In the area of acquisitions and refinancing, we pursue properties that meet one of the following criteria: Section 8 properties with project-based contracts; Section 236 properties in need of rehabilitation; Section 42 LIHTC properties with expiring low-income restrictions; Section 515 FmHA properties with loans that can be prepaid; or other assisted properties, including HODAG, HOME, federal or state-financed public housing.
Many of the buildings we encounter are in need of substantial upgrading and preservation in order to continue to properly fulfill the needs of their tenants. Given our 42 years of experience in debt and equity financing – as well as our extensive management of government-assisted properties – we are well positioned to buy out existing owners who lack the resources and experience to recapitalize and, therefore, wish to exit the affordable housing arena. In addition, with our extensive development experience, we bring the knowhow to expertly rehabilitate the units, thus assuring the continued viability of these projects for years to come.
Peterson Plaza Apartments is a 189 unit property that consists of both Project-Based Section 8 and LIHTC affordable housing programs.
To be responsible, under the direction of the Community Manager and/or Regional Manager for the administration of the site in accordance with RMC policy and procedures and to keep the regional office fully informed of the site's status. The Assistant Manager shall work closely with and be responsive to the Community Manager, Maintenance Superintendent, site staff, as well as other central office managers and staff. Additionally, it is the responsibility of the Assistant Manager to perform all duties in full compliance with Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity regulations as well as with RMC’s Fair Housing personnel policy.
- Assist the Community Manager in the operation of the development; ability to provide strong leadership when Community Manager is unavailable.
- Maintain courteous communication with the residents, applicants, co-workers and vendors.
- Answer all incoming phone calls and handle accordingly
- It is the responsibility of the Assistant Community Manager to assist in ensuring that the vacant apartments are in perfect, move-in condition. Physically inspect property when on grounds and reports any service needs to maintenance staff.
- Work with attorney and Community Manager regarding legal proceedings.
- Thoroughly review all lease applications, assist with application verification and notify prospective resident of results. Complete all lease paperwork, including related addendums.
- Facilitates the renewal and recertification process for all program participants
- Maintain awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contribute ideas to Community Manager for marketing the property and improving resident satisfaction.
- Be aware of Related Managements goals relative to resident satisfaction and resident retention.
- Additional tasks of similar nature may also be required.
- Maintain accurate resident records. Update on a daily basis all rents, deposits and application fees received by residents. Issue appropriate notices when necessary (i.e. late payment, eviction notices, returned checks, memos).
Benefits and features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs
- Affordable Housing experience strongly preferred
- Bilingual is a plus
- COS/TCS Certified Occupancy Specialist/ Tax Credit Specialist or willing to obtain.
- Real Estate License or willing to obtain one within 120 days of hire
- Knowledge of HUD.
- Experience in property management
- Strong leadership skills are a must
- Strong accounting skills are a must
- Position requires extensive administrative and organizational skills; ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including excellent telephone skills).
- Ability and commitment to learn new material quickly and further develop skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Experience with MS-Office (solid knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience with OneSite program (or similar software program) or ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Ability to perform accounting functions (Accounts Payable/Receivable) complete with comprehensive understanding of credits / debits / re-classes and accruals.
- Ability to work on several projects at once while continuing to perform day-to-day activities
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Not the right job for you?