- US-NY-New York
- Accounting / Finance
- 423 West 55th Street
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. With over $60 billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
The Corporate Accounting group is responsible for the daily accounting operations and overall financial reporting for all of the Related portfolio companies. The group analyzes each entities’ financial results and completes the quarterly and annual consolidation in order to prepare reporting for executive management and third party stakeholders.
The Related Commercial Portfolio Accounting Manager, Corporate Accounting will be primarily responsible for the accounting and reporting associated with Related’s sole pubic company, Related Commercial Portfolio (RCP). RCP was formed in 2014 and issued bonds (over $200 million) on the Tel-Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE) in March of 2015 and files quarterly and annual reports. Concurrent with the issuance of the bonds, RCP began to acquire interests in real estate projects from Related. RCP now holds interests in 10 unique properties including luxury residential (One Hudson Yards) and commercial (Bronx Terminal Market) properties valued at over $2.8 billion. The RCP Accounting Manager position, located in New York City, will report to the RCP Controller, Corporate Accounting and will have direct interaction with the CFO, CAO, general counsel of Related, and the RCP Audit Committee and Board of Directors.
- Review quarterly and annual IFRS financial reports and related work papers for public company reporting
- Assist the Controller in facilitating the Audit Committee and Board of Directors meetings and present financial results to the members of the Audit Committee and Board of Directors
- Review monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and related work papers on a US GAAP basis for internal and external reporting
- Implement new accounting pronouncements under IFRS and maintain US GAAP to IFRS adjustments, as required
- Manage auditor engagements for the completion of quarterly and annual filings
- Coordinate with internal valuation specialists to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of property valuations and operating results of the properties
- Assist the Corporate Tax Department in preparing tax projections and returns
- Maintain risk control matrix, oversee iSOX compliance, and manage both the internal auditors and external auditors’ testing of internal controls
- Supervise and mentor staff and provide motivation and support to drive superior performance
- Interface with other corporate departments, outside service providers and vendors in support of corporate goals and objectives
- Identify ongoing process improvement opportunities and implementation of enhancements to drive efficiency and improved levels of support contributing to Related’s “best in class” organization status
- Other special projects as opportunities arise
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of professional experience, preferably in public accounting, CPA required
- IFRS experience a plus
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently with attention to details
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Proficiency with standard suite of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Knowledge of JD Edwards/Hubble reporting software a plus
Not the right job for you?