- Administrative / Clerical
- Country Villages (Metro)
Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies and we continue to place a high priority on developing, acquiring and preserving housing for this sector. In fact, over 60% of our 50,000+ residential apartment homes under our management are part of one or more affordable housing programs, and an additional 20% of these homes provide workforce housing.
In the area of acquisitions and refinancing, we pursue properties that meet one of the following criteria: Section 8 properties with project-based contracts; Section 236 properties in need of rehabilitation; Section 42 LIHTC properties with expiring low-income restrictions; Section 515 FmHA properties with loans that can be prepaid; or other assisted properties, including HODAG, HOME, federal or state-financed public housing.
Many of the buildings we encounter are in need of substantial upgrading and preservation in order to continue to properly fulfill the needs of their tenants. Given our 42 years of experience in debt and equity financing – as well as our extensive management of government-assisted properties – we are well positioned to buy out existing owners who lack the resources and experience to recapitalize and, therefore, wish to exit the affordable housing arena. In addition, with our extensive development experience, we bring the knowhow to expertly rehabilitate the units, thus assuring the continued viability of these projects for years to come.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for screening incoming leasing inquiries, assist in annual recertifications, tenant/landlord relations ,marketing, leasing, supply property information, tour apartment homes, track leasing prospects, accounts payable & receivable, general administrative duties, and special projects as assigned.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment and interact with senior management under highly demanding conditions.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Must have superior skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and proficient knowledge in PowerPoint.
- Experience and proficiency working with automated expense tracking systems.
- Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Strong time management skills; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments, with a high degree of accuracy, and meet deadlines in a high pressure environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and with minimal guidance.
Benefits and Features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs
- Skilled in marketing and leasing.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and complex operational matters on a daily basis.
- Strong time management, follow-up, and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Highly motivated service-oriented self starter.
- Section 8 / Tax Credit /Affordable Housing experience preferred
- Be able to multitask in a fast paced working office environment
Related Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Not the right job for you?