- US-NY-New York
- Accounting / Finance
- 423 West 55th Street
The Accounts Receivable Associate will provide financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring the company receives payments, properly records the transactions by posting receipts and resolving discrepancies according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
They will oversee intercompany billing transactions, recording and collecting payments from our company’s customers both internally and externally. They will create financial reports relating to the status of all accounts. The ideal candidate is familiar with billing/collection accounting procedures and can manage daily financial transactions end-to-end. This associate will work directly with the Accounts Receivable Manager. Ultimately, the associate should be able to ensure accuracy, efficiency and effective collections.
- Prepare, verify, and process billings for Intercompany services provided
- Enter data into our accounting software to create invoices,
- Ensure proper coding is obtained and verified
- Properly record, reconcile and apply cash to correct account
- Investigate and resolve any irregularities or inquiries from customers
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger monthly to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions and entering them into the general ledger or accounting software
- Ensure timely collection of payments for all outstanding invoices.
- Direct interaction with customers on collection matters and dispute resolution.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reporting for upper management
- Special projects as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance,
- 2+ years work experience in Accounts receivable role.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent data entry skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Hands on, self-starting, disciplined, and detail oriented individual with ability to work independently in a high volume environment that requires a work product that is accurate and timely
- Problem-solving attitude
- High degree of integrity including ability to successfully deal with sensitive or confidential information
- Proficiency with standard suite of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Knowledge of JD Edwards and Hubble reporting software a plus
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. With over $60 billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?