- US-CA-Harbor City
- Administrative / Clerical
- Harbor Village
Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies and we continue to place a high priority on developing, acquiring and preserving housing for this sector. In fact, over 60% of our 50,000+ residential apartment homes under our management are part of one or more affordable housing programs, and an additional 20% of these homes provide workforce housing.
In the area of acquisitions and refinancing, we pursue properties that meet one of the following criteria: Section 8 properties with project-based contracts; Section 236 properties in need of rehabilitation; Section 42 LIHTC properties with expiring low-income restrictions; Section 515 FmHA properties with loans that can be prepaid; or other assisted properties, including HODAG, HOME, federal or state-financed public housing.
Many of the buildings we encounter are in need of substantial upgrading and preservation in order to continue to properly fulfill the needs of their tenants. Given our 42 years of experience in debt and equity financing – as well as our extensive management of government-assisted properties – we are well-positioned to buy out existing owners who lack the resources and experience to recapitalize and, therefore, wish to exit the affordable housing arena. In addition, with our extensive development experience, we bring the knowhow to expertly rehabilitate the units, thus assuring the continued viability of these projects for years to come.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible, under the direction of the Property Manager, for administrative support services of the site office. The Administrative Assistant fulfills all tasks as described in the job description and is responsive to the Regional Vice President, the District Manager/s, the Regional Administrative Coordinator, the Director of Compliance, and other executives and officers of Related Management Co., L.P. in compliance with all company policies and procedures and all applicable Fair Housing and Human Rights statutes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Administrative Assistant assists with the following:
1. Office administrative support
2. Resident relations
3. Special projects
The tasks in the Administrative Assistant's area of responsibility include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Answers telephones, takes messages, directs phone calls, retrieves voice mail messages and instructs answering service
2. Prepares work orders and maintains work order log on a regular basis.
3. Files work orders by appropriate apartment number.
4. Collects rents from residents and provide receipts as needed.
5. Ensures that no partial payments” are being accepted.
6. Places all rent checks in designated safe place within the management office.
7. Assists in the recertification process by conducting household interviews, obtaining 3rd party verifications, tracking responses, confirming eligibility and preparing file appropriately for property/office manager for lease and certification signing.
8. Maintains the logbook, computerized waiting list and actual waiting list files. Ensures that all new or revised information is documented in all three places.
9. Ensures that applicants are being processed in appropriate order according to their application number and preference status and in compliance with Fair Housing regulations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Ability to organize and prioritize work loads.
2. High School diploma or equivalent.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Excellent telephone presentation skills.
6. Ability and commitment to learn new material quickly and upgrade skills.
7. Self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team.
8. Communication and customer service skills
9.Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and complex operational matters on a daily basis.
10. Strong time management, follow-up, and organizational skills.
11.Highly motivated service-oriented self-starter.
12. Ability and commitment to learn new material quickly and upgrade skills
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Not the right job for you?