Affordable Housing Coordinator
- US-NY-New York
- Administrative / Clerical
- French Apartments
The Leasing Specialist is responsible, under the direction of the Director of Compliance /or Project Manager to provide key compliance related services for a new workforce housing development on Roosevelt Island, in accordance with regulatory program and agency requirements, all company policy and procedures, and all applicable Fair Housing Laws.
Location: Roosevelt Island New York, NY
- Screen applications and conduct eligibility appointments with applicants for affordable or workforce housing programs
- Review applicant files, follow up with applicants in obtaining required income documentation, process all required third-party verification, run credit and criminal background checks
- Synthesize eligibility appointments and qualification review information/documentation, determine applicant eligibility as per program guidelines and project criteria
- Draft and send decisions to applicant
- Compile documents for internal and external review and approval
- Assist in marketing activities and housing lotteries
- Assist in other leasing activities such as unit showing, lease signing, subsidy processing
- Perform additional duties which may be assigned
- A minimum of one to two years of experience in LIHTC and/or Section 8 multi-family leasing.
- Accredited housing certification preferred: Low lncome Housing Tax Credit and/or Certified Occupancy Specialist.
- Experience with Yardi, One-Site/Real Page (or other housing software).
- Knowledge of NYC rent stabilization.
- Detail oriented and organized. Strong communication and analytical skills. Creativity and initiative to work both independently as well as within a team while able to perform in a busy, changing, multi-tasking work environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word Office Suite
- Bi-lingual a plus but not mandatory.
- NYS Notary License (Can obtain upon hire)
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Related Companies is the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi, London and Shanghai and boasts a team of over 3,000 professionals. The Company’s existing portfolio of real estate assets, valued at over $30 billion, is made up of best-in-class developments in premier high-barrier-to-entry markets across all asset classes.
Related has dramatically redefined the concept of metropolitan luxury by introducing extraordinary residential rental properties in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York City. With each new building, Related has been hailed for setting new standards of excellence in the luxury rental marketplace. To ensure that every resident in every Related building enjoys the very finest services, unsurpassed amenities, and a luxury lifestyle without compromise, Related Companies takes great pride in managing every building it owns. Related owns and manages 261 Hudson, 456 Washington, Abington House, The Caledonia, The Easton, The Lyric, MiMA, One Carnegie Hill, One Union Square South, Riverwalk Crossing, Riverwalk Point, The Sierra, The Strathmore, The Tate, Tribeca Green, Tribeca Park, Tribeca Tower, The Westminster and The Westport in New York City (and manages 1214 Fifth Avenue and 89 Murray also in New York City), One Back Bay and The Arlington in Boston, 500 Lake Shore Drive and Landmark West Loop in Chicago, The Emerson in Los Angeles, The Paramount in San Francisco and One Hill South in Washington, D.C. Related also owns an extensive portfolio of workforce and affordable housing and has several new rental developments underway across the country.
For more information about Related Companies please visit www.related.com
Not the right job for you?