Business Process Improvement Analyst
- US-NY-New York
- Accounting / Finance
- 423 West 55th Street
The Business Process Improvement Analyst will review and assess existing accounting and operational processes and develop process improvements to drive incremental efficiency and cost effectiveness across all business lines. Focus will be on the effective use of both people and technology within Related, resulting in the most efficient completion of each process. The analyst will work with the Vice President of Process Improvement to identify, prioritize and coordinate within Related in selecting areas for evaluation. They will perform evaluations and develop and execute financial and operational best practices resulting in cost and operational efficiencies. The analyst will act as a change agent to help facilitate effective deployments/modifications to current practices. They will help build the Business Process Improvement Team’s credibility by engaging effectively with stakeholders, deploying appropriate methodologies, knowledge sharing and coaching in order to become the internal consultant of choice by senior management for all problem solving or design initiatives. They will also ensure each project is delivered on time and within budget.
- Document and evaluate existing business processes, business rules and standard operating procedures
- Identify improvement opportunities and assist in driving efficiency within the business
- Create process flows and documentation for all processes and departments evaluated
- Consult with management throughout the organization to define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems encountered and levels of system utilization
- Assist in developing an overall change management strategy and process for Related.
- Conduct and prepare cost/benefit and benchmarking analyses
- Deliver process improvement training to staff
- Participate in various business process and technology integration initiatives
- Act as a liaison between departmental end-users, information technology analysts and consultants
- Special projects as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Information systems or Analytics
- 4+ years of professional experience with process analysis, system implementations and/or project management
- Strong knowledge of accounting theory
- Mature professional with sound judgement and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently with attention to details
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Proficiency with standard suite of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Knowledge of JD Edwards/Hubble reporting software a plus
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. With over $60 billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?