Affordable Housing Program Manager
- US-CA-San Francisco
- Administrative / Clerical
- Fifteen Fifty
The Affordable Housing Program Manager is responsible in providing key compliance related services for the Related's newest luxury high-rise residential building, Fifteen Fifty, in accordance with regulatory program and agency requirements, all company policy and procedures, and all applicable Fair Housing Laws.
- Participate in marketing and leasing functions related to all affordable housing programs and applications, including lease-ups, remarketing assessments, and interviewing applicants.
- Process applicant appeals, including in-person applicant meetings.
- Leadership responsibilities included training, supervising assigned staffs’ day-to-day operations, coaching, setting expectations, and holding assigned staff accountable. Recommends appropriate disciplinary actions and assist in assigned staff write-ups as needed.
- Ensure enforcement of affordable housing regulations and rental lease terms including coordination with attorneys representing Related Management Company and/or various ownership entities.
- Maintain active regulatory compliance and management coordination with site staff including preparation for audits, inspections, and other reviews, both external and internal.
- Ensure regulatory program compliance (Projects are primarily comprised of LIHTC, Section 8, Inclusionary Housing, HOME, Tax Credit Bonds, 421a benefits, and rent stabilization) and Fair Housing standards are met.
- Complete and submit required compliance reports within assigned portfolio.
- Participate in all tax credit reviews by outside entities for properties within assigned portfolio.
- Ensure accuracy of recorded information about each affordable housing program.
- Completion of the renewal and recertification process for all program participants in assigned portfolio.
- Responsible for ensuring efficient resident relations, including processing of additional occupants, transfer processing, sublet processing, etc.
- Maintenance of waiting lists and logbooks according to corporate and regulatory standards.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Benefits and features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs.
- Bilingual is prefered (Chinese)
- Minimum of two years' experience with demonstrated leasing or comparable experience
- Ability to create, compose and edit written materials
- Polished interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in conjunction with Company managers, customers, and associates.
- Ability to effectively present information to prospective or current residents
- Knowledge of LIHTC/Section 8
- Ability to handle high call volume from current and prospective residents
- Must have knowledge of Tax Credit policies and procedures
- Knowledge of basic accounting/bookkeeping practices; office practices and procedures; filing and maintenance of fiscal records
- Ability to complete and apply all of the provided leasing, compliance and applications processing training.
- Must be capable of overseeing multiple functions simultaneously, with a keen sense of prioritizing
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. With over $60 billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?