Accounting Manager - Affordable Housing
- US-NY-New York
- Accounting / Finance
- Manhattan Plaza
Related Management has an exciting opportunity for a professional Accounting Manager at our property, Manhattan Plaza, in New York, NY. The Accounting Manager, under the direction of the General Manager, will provide assistance with Planning & Analysis to create forward-looking financial information used to support decision making for the property’s existing finances.
Manhattan Plaza has two towers with 1,689-units of federally-subsidized housing and 17 commercial tenants located at 400 West 43rd Street, just west of Times Square. Seventy percent of the property’s units are occupied by performing artists with the remaining balance occupied by community elderly and low-income residents. For more information in regards to the property click here.
The Account Manager shall perform the following:
- Work under the General Manager direction to control and meet all budgeted property financial targets
- Responsible to maintain and explain all actual versus budget variances “BVR”
- Responsible to work with all property departments to monitor and stay on track with income and expenses as per monthly and yearly budget.
- Responsible for creating monthly, quarterly and annual management reporting packages
- Responsible for strategizing and creating annual property budget (develop templates, assumptions, analyses and reports), forecasts (templates and set frequency and levels of detail), and performance management (development of key performance indicators, setting of target, and analysis/reporting)
- Responsible for the development of property level financial models, reports, graphs, metrics and other analysis
- Maintain relationships with all internal departments and corporate accountants
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis for the General Manager
- Assist in various ongoing ad-hoc activities for the General Manager
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in Accounting and or/Finance
- Highly intelligent with excellent analytical skills, with a larger focus on financial reporting and ability to convert raw data into financial analyses
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ideal candidate is a highly self-motivated person who thrives in a dynamic work environment and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly
- Takes ownership for decisions and is accountable for actions regardless of the outcome
- Superior organizational skills
- A mature professional with excellent judgment and interpersonal skills
- Experience with accounting systems and information tools such as JD Edwards.
- Undergraduate degree required
- Advanced Degree, CFA and/or MBA, a plus
- Real Estate experience, a plus
Benefits and Features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Matching 401(K)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free membership to the Manhattan Plaza Health Club
- Equinox discount
- & More!
#CB #GLKB2 #LI-KB1
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Related Affordable is the division of Related Companies that develops, acquires and preserves affordable housing throughout the nation. Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies, and its broad portfolio of award-winning affordable and mixed-income developments demonstrate the company’s continuing ability to create affordable housing opportunities in a variety of geographically, economically and socially diverse neighborhoods. Related owns and operates a portfolio of more than 60,000 affordable and workforce housing units.
Not the right job for you?