Activity Coordinator (35 Hours a week)
- Administrative / Clerical
- The Magnolia
This position is utilized only for the LIHTC and is located in communities that have special needs residents. Responsibilities are similar to concierge and include such tasks as researching community, local and national services for senior or special needs opportunities, transportation, meals and services provided specifically for a group of residents. May work with government agencies such as Department of Aging to obtain available services for residents. The service coordinator may assess service needs and determine eligibility for public and private services.
- Assist and advise residents in maintaining a self-reliant lifestyle, giving temporary help with household management if necessary.
- Educate residents and family on available resources within the community (for example, personal assistance, homemaker, meals-on-wheels, transportation, counseling, occasional visiting nurse, preventive health screening/wellness and legal advocacy), and coordinate care with service providers.
- Organize recreational and educational activities to encourage community involvement and foster social support networks.
- Represent the property and residents within the community to build a service network and procure outside resources.
- Support management in daily operations with focus on resident/guest hospitality and supportive services outlined in the LURA.
- Prepare promotional and informative materials such as community calendars and updates, social media announcements, and leasing advertisements.
- Monitor resident welfare and report cases of neglect or abuse to the proper authorities.
- Completes reports with copies given to the site manager, Quality Assurance, Administrator, Manager, and government agency (where applicable) in an accurate and timely manner or according to governing regulations. Pursues avenues for additional services through private local, state, and federal sources
BENEFIT AND FEATURE:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of community services in the region with particular knowledge of services that are provided for the population living within the facility.
- Proven experience in service management, including organizing, problem-solving, and advocating.
- Experience in the aging process, elder services, disability services, drug and alcohol abuse and mental health issues; aware of eligibility for and procedures of Federal and State entitlement programs; alert to legal liability issues relating to providing service coordination.
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies and we continue to place a high priority on developing, acquiring and preserving housing for this sector. In fact, over 60% of our 50,000+ residential apartment homes under our management are part of one or more affordable housing programs, and an additional 20% of these homes provide workforce housing.
In the area of acquisitions and refinancing, we pursue properties that meet one of the following criteria: Section 8 properties with project-based contracts; Section 236 properties in need of rehabilitation; Section 42 LIHTC properties with expiring low-income restrictions; Section 515 FmHA properties with loans that can be prepaid; or other assisted properties, including HODAG, HOME, federal or state-financed public housing.
Many of the buildings we encounter are in need of substantial upgrading and preservation in order to continue to properly fulfill the needs of their tenants. Given our 42 years of experience in debt and equity financing – as well as our extensive management of government-assisted properties – we are well-positioned to buy out existing owners who lack the resources and experience to recapitalize and, therefore, wish to exit the affordable housing arena. In addition, with our extensive development experience, we bring the knowhow to expertly rehabilitate the units, thus assuring the continued viability of these projects for years to come.
Not the right job for you?