Analyst, Portfolio Management
- US-NY-New York
- 30 Hudson Yards 72
The Analyst within the Portfolio Management team will be tasked with evaluating affordable multifamily property operations and finding procurement solutions to reduce operating expenses and generate additional revenue across the portfolio. This will involve some travel and will require an ability to communicate with vendors and bulk service providers in order to negotiate favorable contracts. It will also require strong financial modeling skills, financial statement analysis, and presentation skills as the analyst will be expected to deliver findings and potential solutions to ownership teams at Related. The analyst will work with asset managers, acquisitions & development associates, property owners, and property managers on a daily basis.
- Review monthly operating statements (NOI, occupancy, collections, surplus cash, and others) and identify areas of opportunity or concern for deal project managers to focus on, including both income and expense items based on budget variances and previously unknown opportunities.
- Provide meaningful portfolio-wide and property drill-down reporting in the above areas.
- Look into bulk purchasing opportunities across the portfolio that would lead to savings at the operational level.
- Lead in the implementation of procurement initiatives across the portfolio.
- Visit assets on a regular basis and provide commentary on opportunities and areas for improvement with regard to property operations.
- Ensure all Related bulk purchasing programs are fully leveraged across all possible properties.
- Assist in the onboarding of new properties with respect to any procurement initiatives.
- Get involved with owner’s review and approval of annual budgets working closely with Property Management to identify areas of savings based on procurement initiatives.
- Provide best practice feedback to underwriters of new deals to ensure incorporation of lessons learned from ongoing operations of existing deals. Suggest ways to leverage existing staff, purchasing power, and income producing opportunities
- Provide meaningful information for semi-annual Asset Detail Reporting.
- Put together all relevant information for Contract database within MRI/Integratec for all properties.
- Meet with property management and ownership to discuss property-level findings and discuss procurement initiatives that would result in driving value across the portfolio.
- This position will involve some travel. The expectation is that the analyst filling this role will be on the road 25% of their time visiting properties and meeting with service providers.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must be very proficient in Excel and financial modeling, will be tested.
- Must have great inter-personal skills in order to interact with property management at the site level and communicate findings and solutions at the ownership level.
- Must have strong communication and negotiation skills as the analyst will be expected to reach out to vendors and bulk service providers and negotiate favorable contracts.
- Must have familiarity with financial statements and in particular operating statements in order to efficiently evaluate site level operations.
- Must have a strong attention to detail. This position requires the analyst to study property level operations exhaustively and keep a detailed record of findings so that those findings can be aggregated to determine ways of reducing costs across the portfolio through procurement.
- Must have a “can-do” attitude and must be able to work independently.
- Must be willing to travel.
Please note that Related has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, Related employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States with over sixty billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Formed over 45 years ago, Related is the largest private owner of affordable housing and a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of design, development, acquisitions, management, finance, hospitality, sustainability, and sales. Related’s mixed-use, residential and commercial office properties have been consistently heralded for their placemaking vision – bringing together iconic design, arts and culture, dynamic programming, and innovative wellness programs. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?