Accounts Payable Manager
- Accounting / Finance
- 177 Milk Street
This person will lead the process of building out a centralized accounts payable function to support payables across Related Beal. The Accounts Payable Manager will be responsible for improving efficiencies in the current payable process and scaling for future growth as we consolidate our payables process onto a single, paperless platform (Ariba) and migrate our accounting onto JD Edwards over the next several months. This person will be responsible for managing an accounts payable staff accountant and ensuring that vendors are paid timely and accurately, and invoices are coded correctly. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, tech-savvy person who thrives in a dynamic work environment and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines. Attention to detail and accuracy is of the utmost importance. The AP Manager will report to the Controller and be based in our Boston office.
- Compile, process and maintain accounts payable records, account reconciliations and work papers
- Verify approval on all invoices and check requests
- Coding invoices and allocations
- Able to prepare and process payment runs for multiple projects
- Update and maintain vendor database
- Maintain system invoice workflows and support quarterly review process
- Weekly analysis of invoice aging
- Reconciles vendor statements
- Ability to process and follow-up on rush items, as needed
- Maintains paperless accounts payable files within JDE and Ariba
- 1099 preparation
- Monthly account reconciliations
- Special projects as assigned
- 4-year degree, preferably in Accounting
- Prior AP Manager experience in a fast paced, technology driven environment is advantageous
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
- Eye for detail and accuracy is imperative
- Able to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel, Ariba and JD Edwards experience
- Familiar with Real Estate and Development, a plus
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales.
Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. With over $60 billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Related Beal, the Boston office of Related Companies, is a fully integrated real estate firm focused on development and investment opportunities in Boston and the surrounding region. Related Beal leverages a national real estate platform with expertise across all asset classes and local experience in life sciences, residential (luxury/affordable), hospitality, and commercial development, construction, brokerage, and property management.
Related Beal has undertaken the development and construction of some of the most recognized buildings in the area including The Clarendon, One Back Bay, The Arlington, The Beverly, Lovejoy Wharf, Congress Square, Innovation Square, Converse’s world headquarters, The Whitney, and The Quinn.
Not the right job for you?