- US-CA-Santa Clara
- 5201 Great America Pkwy
The Development Analyst will be responsible for supporting the development team in all aspects of the Santa Clara project including: financial analysis and modeling, deal memo preparation, equity and debt sourcing, due diligence, legal oversight, budgeting, design, construction, operations and asset management. This position will be based in Santa Clara, California.
Related Urban’s 240 acre project in Santa Clara, CA is the development of approximately 9.2 mm sf of mixed-use development to include 5.5 million sq. ft of multi-tenant and build-to-suit office space, 1.5 million sq. ft. of destination lifestyle retail, restaurants and entertainment programming, two luxury and business hotels, and 1,600 luxury integrated residential apartments.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working within a deal team in multiple capacities. S/He will create and manage detailed financial analysis and help develop various construction and operating budgets. The successful candidate will work closely with senior management in a variety of additional capacities to support key organization initiatives.
- Perform physical and financial feasibility studies for potential residential and mixed-use development projects within the Santa Clara project. The candidate will report to the Project Manager for the prospective deals. Project Managers will be responsible for providing the program and key assumptions.
- Perform financial analyses to determine the optimal program for active development projects.
- Research and aggregate market data and keep updated logs, maps and presentation materials regarding the market for a variety of asset types.
- Work with Project Managers to distill financial underwriting, market research and business plan into presentation materials for internal and external communication regarding perspective and active deals.
- Work with Project Managers on developing due diligence activities, budgets and schedule/coordinate consultants on-site activities.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to superiors
- Minimum of 2‐3 years of relevant experience (e.g. real estate, corporate finance, investment banking, management consulting, or private equity).
- Strong financial acumen.
- Strong project management skills, results-driven, adaptable with ability to manage multiple priorities and schedules.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Adaptive and Assertiveness
Strong sense of integrity and ethics. Values entrepreneurialism, independent thought and innovation.
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills.
- Undergraduate degree required.
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Companies is the most prominent privately owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C. and London, consisting of a team of approximately 3,500 professionals. The Company’s existing portfolio of real estate assets, valued at over $20 billion, is made up of best-in-class mixed-use, residential, retail, office and affordable properties in premier high-barrier-to-entry markets. Related has developed preeminent mixed-use projects such as Time Warner Center in New York and CityPlace in West Palm Beach and is currently developing the 28-acre Hudson Yards project on Manhattan’s West Side. Related also manages approximately $3 billion of equity capital on behalf of sovereign wealth funds, public pension plans, multi-managers, endowments, and family offices.
Related Urban is the nation’s leading developer of large scale mixed –use properties. Related Urban, the mixed-use division of Related Companies, was formed in 1997 in partnership with Ken Himmel and Stephen Ross focused on development and management of long term growth mixed-use properties within expanding urban markets utilizing its core capabilities: experience, insight, and relationships. Related Urban is focused on developing successful mixed-use developments that combine architectural design and urban planning with dynamic shopping, entertainment, residences, offices and world-renowned restaurants to bring forth the vitality of an urban destination with resonance to the local lifestyle and culture.
Related Urban has opened two award-winning iconic destinations – Time Warner Center in New York City, a 2.8 million SF vertical mixed-use property that transformed Columbus Circle into a thriving urban neighborhood and CityPlace in West Palm Beach, a 72 acre mixed-use development including 620,000 SF of retail, restaurants and entertainment, over 1,000 residences, 300,000 SF of offices, a convention center and in pre-development on a new 400 room convention center hotel.
Related Urban is currently working on other major developments in the United States including the retail component of Hudson Yards, a mixed-use development with over 17 million square feet on 26 acres on the West Side of New York City and reviewing new deals in other key markets including Miami, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Not the right job for you?