Vice President of Facilities Management
- US-NY-New York
- Maintenance / Facilities
- 60 Columbus Circle
- Oversee facilities management for Related’s New York based offices as well as external client offices as required. Properties including: 60 Columbus Circle (soon to be 30 Hudson Yards), 55th Street, HY Field Office at 34th Street and clients located at Hudson Yards.
- Oversee and coordinate maintenance/repair work assignments performed by technicians, vendors and contractors performing building maintenance, landscaping, and janitorial work.
- Manage a staff of 30 including Maintenance, mailroom, and pantry staff.
- Coordinate and manage office seating charts, moves, and desk organization.
- Coordinate with Human Resources and Talent teams on all new hires seating requirements and changes.
- Maintain and manage all appropriate records, serve as a resource to senior and executive staff regarding all questions/issues regarding facilities use.
- Routinely monitor, manage, and maintain all office equipment – across multiple locations.
- Responsible for all purchasing, receiving and supply inventory.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements, building rules and applicable ordinances.
- Research equipment and furniture needs as required, order and install furniture and maintain furniture inventory.
- Coordinate with the Information Technology team at Related.
- Support events: assist with setup/breakdown of furniture/facility for event, manage Certificates of Insurance, and manage building requirements during said instances.
- Identify and resolve janitorial issues.
- Manage all vendor activity, including before/after hours.
- Respond to facilities emergencies and provide coverage 24/7.
- Coordinate with Time Warner Center building and security teams on matters of security and safety, i.e. fire drills and business continuity plans.
- Lead and facilitate the upcoming office move of Related’s headquarters to Hudson Yards in 2020.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in a facilities role, preferably within a growing organization with multiple sites. Experience with a major office move preferred.
- Experience managing conference rooms, guest services, executive dining, pantry services, MAC (Moves Adds and Changes), mailroom and office furniture and equipment.
- Strong management/mentorship experience, leading teams of 20-30 staff members.
- Experience managing outsourced vendors. Demonstrated experience of fair-minded selection of service vendors.
- Must have strong contract negotiation and management experience.
- Must have a proven track record in successful space planning.
- Ideal candidate will have experience with ServiceNow or a comparable system.
- A mature professional with excellent judgment and intuitive interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communications skills – written and verbal.
- Experience managing a wide variety of staff across multiple office facilities.
- Experience managing commercial real estate, office space search and leasing processes, facilities design and fit out.
- Knowledge of industry best practices, BOMA standards, LEED standards and industry best standards with regard to sustainability.
- Clear communicator with ability to interact with senior leaders.
- Flexibility to respond and react to any facilities emergencies on a 24/7 basis.
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. With over $60 billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?