Accounts Payable Associate
- Accounting / Finance
- Gerard Court
Would you describe yourself as a well-organized and detail oriented individual? Related Management is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Associate with these exact skills! The Accounts Payable Associate is vital to ensuring that the organization’s accounts payables are processed efficiently, properly and timely in compliance with all company policies and procedures and all applicable Human Rights statutes. The Accounts Payable Associate position requires attention to detail and excellent communication skills as well as excellent follow-up with the staff, site personnel, management and vendors (as appropriate).
Responsibilities include the following:
1. Open all correspondence on a daily basis (Hard copy & AP Team Email)
2. Reviews the accuracy of the vendor name, invoice amount and invoice number of the invoices
3. Enter invoices into the system (TAP) for payment in a timely manner
4. Alerts the Accounts Payable Manager and other appropriate personnel of accounts payable related problems and questionable invoices/documents
5. Promptly answers and responds to inquiries from the staff, sites, management and vendors (as appropriate)
6. Review statements and follow up with vendor regarding any outstanding invoices
7. Reviews prior balances on statements/bills, checking for double payments
8. Update/Maintain AP Log on a daily basis
9. Special projects and tasks as assigned
The office is located in the Bronx at 1075 Gerard Avenue. Just a short walk from Yankee stadium, this location is easily commutable with access to the D and number 4 trains. In addition, a parking spot can be provided to the employee if they commute by car.
Knowledge and Skills:
1. At least 2 years experience in a related industry.
2. College degree preferred
3. Residential real estate experience helpful
4. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
5. Attention to detail and excellent communication skills required
6. Excellent follow-up with the staff, site personnel, management and vendors required.
1. Position is located Bronx, NY
2. Position is subject to mandatory overtime; must be flexible and willing to work all shifts/hours/days.
3. Establishes and maintains regular daily office hours, as directed by regional office.
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Related Companies is the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, San Francisco, South Florida, Abu Dhabi and Shanghai and boasts a team of approximately 2,000 professionals. The Company’s existing portfolio of real estate assets, valued at over $15 billion, is made up of best-in-class mixed-use, residential, retail, office, trade show and affordable properties in premier high-barrier-to-entry markets. For over a decade Related made its mark in the super luxury condominium market by developing properties that have achieved record-breaking sales statistics in each of its submarkets, is the largest owner of luxury residential rental properties in New York with over 5,000 units in its portfolio, has developed preeminent mixed-use projects such as Time Warner Center in New York and CityPlace in West Palm Beach and is currently developing the 26-acre Hudson Yards project on Manhattan’s west side. Related also manages approximately $1.5 billion of equity capital on behalf of sovereign wealth funds, public pension plans, multi-managers, endowments, Taft Hartley plans and family offices.
Related is staunchly committed to sustainable design with over $6 billion in green development underway or completed. The firm developed one of the first green residential buildings in the nation, Tribeca Green in Battery Park City, New York and Chicago's first green residential building, 340 on the Park. Related recently completed a collection of new LEED-certified residential buildings, The Brompton, The Harrison, MiMA and Superior Ink in New York City, The Clarendon in Boston and The Century in Los Angeles, as well as several green mixed-use and retail projects.
Related also owns Equinox(R) Fitness Clubs, further expanding the company's capabilities into the health and fitness arena and enhancing the value of its properties by incorporating an exclusive, branded amenity into the lifestyle offering, and a partnership interest in Unions Square Events, the catering, culture, sports, and events business of Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group . For more information about Related Companies please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?