- US-NY-New York
- Accounting / Finance
- 423 West 55th Street
The 10 Hudson Yards Commercial Accounting Associate will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting. The ideal candidate is a highly organized and self-motivated person who thrives in a dynamic work environment and responds quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines. The 10 HudsonYards Commercial Accounting Associate will report to the Accounting Manager and will be based in our New York office.
- Perform daily and monthly accounting activities such as bank reconciliations, work paper support, general ledger close and financial report preparation
- Work with property operations and lease teams to record activity in conjunction with approved budgets
- Prepare detailed monthly, quarterly and year-end work paper packages for owners and lenders
- Maintain the general ledger, financial statements and prepare appropriate accrual adjusting journal entries in accordance with GAAP
- Assist with preparation of yearly budgets
- Create reporting templates, formulate analysis using applications such as Excel or JD Edwards accounting software and participate in various business process/technology integration initiatives
- Assist with special projects as assigned by management
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Must have 2 + years of public accounting experience ideally focused on a combination of real estate or investments
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines
- A mature professional with excellent judgment, interpersonal skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to evaluate data and present solutions to solve business issues
- Clear communicator with ability to interact and present to senior leaders
- Knowledge of JD Edwards, HFM, Hubble or other property management related software, a plus
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. With over $60 billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?