Assistant Community Manager
- Property Management
- Country Villages (Metro)
We are looking for an Assistant Property Manager for a property in Metropolis, IL, garden style apartment complex of 40 units.
To be responsible, under the direction of the Community Manager and/or Regional Manager for the administration of the site in accordance with RMC policy and procedures and to keep the regional office fully informed of the site's status. The Assistant Manager shall work closely with and be responsive to the Community Manager, Maintenance Superintendent, site staff, as well as other central office managers and staff. Additionally, it is the responsibility of the Assistant Manager to perform all duties in full compliance with Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity regulations as well as with RMC’s Fair Housing personnel policy.
- Assist the Community Manager in the operation of the development; ability to provide strong leadership when Community Manager is unavailable.
- Maintain courteous communication with the residents, applicants, co-workers and customers.
- Answer all incoming phone calls and handle accordingly
- It is the responsibility of the Assistant Property Manager to assist in ensuring that the vacant apartments are in perfect, move-in condition. Physically inspect property when on grounds, pick up litter and report any service needs to maintenance staff.
- Work with attorney and Community Manager regarding legal proceedings.
- Welcome and show property to prospective new residents. Handle incoming phone calls from prospective new residents. Warmly greet prospective residents, qualify, determine needs and preferences, professionally present community while providing features and benefits.
- Thoroughly review all lease applications, assist with application verification and notify prospective resident of results. Complete all lease paperwork, including related addendums.
- Maintain and supervise a lease renewal program following LIHTC/Bond guidelines.
- Maintain awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contribute ideas to Community Manager for marketing the property and improving resident satisfaction.
- Conduct market surveys. Shop competition; have constant awareness of neighborhood market conditions.
- Establish, Implement and evaluate an outreach marketing plan on an on-going basis.
- Be aware of Related Managements goals relative to resident satisfaction and resident retention.
- Additional tasks of similar nature may also be required.
- Maintain accurate resident records. Update on a daily basis all rents, deposits and application fees received by residents. Issue appropriate notices when necessary (i.e. late payment, eviction notices, returned checks, memos).
- Collection of rents and preparation of receipts.
- Accept service requests from residents and route to maintenance for prompt processing. Conduct service follow-up with resident when job is complete.
- Receive, log and properly code all invoices and review with property manager for approval.
- Update weekly reports concerning notices to vacate, vacancy reports, activity reports, etc. and provide information to Community Manager. Organize and file all applicable reports, leases and paperwork.
Benefits and Features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs
- Affordable Housing and tax credit experience strongly preferred
- Experience in property management
- Strong leadership skills are a must
- Strong accounting skills are a must
- Position requires extensive administrative and organizational skills; ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including excellent telephone skills).
- Ability and commitment to learn new material quickly and further develop skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Experience with MS-Office (solid knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience with OneSite program (or similar software program) or ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Ability to perform accounting functions (Accounts Payable/Receivable) complete with comprehensive understanding of credits / debits / re-classes and accruals.
- Ability to work on several projects at once while continuing to perform day-to-day activities
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Related Affordable is the division of Related Companies that develops, acquires and preserves affordable housing throughout the nation. Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies, and its broad portfolio of award-winning affordable and mixed-income developments demonstrate the company’s continuing ability to create affordable housing opportunities in a variety of geographically, economically and socially diverse neighborhoods. Related owns and operates a portfolio of more than 60,000 affordable and workforce housing units.
Not the right job for you?