- US-NY-New York
- Accounting / Finance
- 460 West 34th Street
The Staff Accountant will assist in the preparation of financial reports and analysis for the Hudson Yards, a multi-phased mixed use development project.
- Work with Senior Accountants on the day-to-day accounting for the Hudson Yards project
- Prepare cost reconciliation and allocation reviews
- Assist with review of construction billings
- Month end and quarterly reporting
- Review invoice billing and coding
- Journal entry adjustments
- Compile information for internal and external auditors
- Experience preparing GAAP financial statements
- Work closely with the Hudson Yards team: Construction, Design, Development, Finance, Tax and Legal, as well as any third-party entities
- Update management as necessary
- Assist with special projects
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant accounting experience with a real estate development or construction company
- Public accounting experience, a plus
- Highly intelligent with excellent analytical skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Ideal candidate is a highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated person who thrives in a dynamic work environment and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines
- Clear communicator with ability to interact with senior leaders
- Team player
- Superior organizational skills
- A mature professional with excellent judgment and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of JD Edwards accounting software, a plus
- Undergraduate degree
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. With over $60 billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?