- Accounting / Finance
- 177 Milk Street
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for all aspects of accounting and reporting across a mixed portfolio of various real estate asset classes and development stages. In this capacity, the role will have the opportunity to collaborate across Accounting, Construction, Design, Development and Property Management teams to provide best-in-class accounting and financial reporting services. The ideal candidate is a highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated person who thrives in a dynamic work environment and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Perform monthly accounting activities, billing, collections, cash management and coordination of accounts payable.
- Prepare detailed monthly, quarterly and year-end financial work paper packages for owners, lenders and senior management, including balance sheet reconciliations and income statement analysis.
- Support Development, Construction, Property Management and other business teams to provide financial information, reporting and budget support, as needed.
- Prepare monthly development funding requisitions.
- Prepare annual CAM/RET reconciliations.
- Assist with quarterly and year-end tax, cash and GAAP reporting, including external audit requirements.
- Create reporting templates and formulate analysis using applications such as Excel, JD Edwards, Hubble and/or Yardi accounting software.
- Support system improvement initiatives, including streamlining and automating processes, converging accounting systems and enhancing internal controls.
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc requests.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree Accounting, CPA preferred but not required
- Ideal candidate will have 4+ years of relevant accounting experience ideally focused on real estate, development and/or property accounting
- Excellent analytical skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Clear communicator with ability to interact with senior leaders
- Superior organizational skills, must be detail oriented and have the ability to multitask
- A mature professional with excellent judgment, interpersonal skills and ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Knowledge of JD Edwards or other property/development accounting software, a plus
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. With over $60 billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Related Beal, the Boston office of Related Companies, is a fully integrated real estate firm focused on development and investment opportunities in Boston and the surrounding region. Related Beal leverages a national real estate platform with expertise across all assets classes including life sciences, commercial office, hospitality, luxury/affordable/mixed use residential, brokerage and property management.
Related Beal has undertaken the development and construction of some of the most recognized buildings in the area including The Clarendon and One Back Bay, The Arlington, The Beverly, Lovejoy Wharf, Congress Square, Innovation Square, Converse’s world headquarters, The Whitney and 370-380 Harrison Avenue.
Not the right job for you?