Accounts Payable Associate
- US-NY-New York
- Accounting / Finance
- 20 Hudson Yards
This position will assume the accounts payable responsibilities for processing development/corporate invoices to ensure timely payment. Specific duties include general accounting, ledger reconciliations and supporting the development team for rush accounting requests. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated person who thrives in a dynamic work environment and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style. The Accounts Payable Clerk will report to the General Manager and sit in 20 HY back office.
- Perform accounts payable function including: processing project invoices, tracking costs to projects, preparing weekly check runs, working with the various team to ensure timely payments
- Record journal entries for various wires, ACH and manual payments
- Working with development team to ensure invoices coding is accurate
- Run A/P reports weekly for payable check run
- Assist with corporate credit card reconciliation and payment processing
- Ensure necessary information is maintained for vendors to confirm which are subject to 1099 reporting as well as generating 1099 forms
- Communicate with vendors to address inquiries and provide process guidance
- File, maintain and distribute accounting documents, records and reports
- Accurate posting of entries to ensure month-end closing is completed on time
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisors
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must have 2+ years of accounting experience
- Superior organizational skills, must be detail oriented and have the ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines
- A professional with excellent judgment, interpersonal skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Clear communicator with ability to interact and present to senior leaders
- Knowledge of JD Edwards, QuickBooks, or other related software, a plus
- Proficiency in MS Excel
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Related Companies is the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi, London and Shanghai and boasts a team of over 3,000 professionals. The Company’s existing portfolio of real estate assets, valued at over $30 billion, is made up of best-in-class developments in premier high-barrier-to-entry markets across all asset classes.
Related has dramatically redefined the concept of metropolitan luxury by introducing extraordinary residential rental properties in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York City. With each new building, Related has been hailed for setting new standards of excellence in the luxury rental marketplace. To ensure that every resident in every Related building enjoys the very finest services, unsurpassed amenities, and a luxury lifestyle without compromise, Related Companies takes great pride in managing every building it owns. Related owns and manages 261 Hudson, 456 Washington, Abington House, The Caledonia, The Easton, The Lyric, MiMA, One Carnegie Hill, One Union Square South, Riverwalk Crossing, Riverwalk Point, The Sierra, The Strathmore, The Tate, Tribeca Green, Tribeca Park, Tribeca Tower, The Westminster and The Westport in New York City (and manages 1214 Fifth Avenue and 89 Murray also in New York City), One Back Bay and The Arlington in Boston, 500 Lake Shore Drive and Landmark West Loop in Chicago, The Emerson in Los Angeles, The Paramount in San Francisco and One Hill South in Washington, D.C.
Related also owns Equinox(R) Fitness Clubs, further expanding the company's capabilities into the health and fitness arena and enhancing the value of its properties by incorporating an exclusive, branded amenity into the lifestyle offering. Related also owns an extensive portfolio of workforce and affordable housing and has several new rental developments underway across the country. For more information about Related Companies please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?