Affordable Housing Expense Analyst
- Accounting / Finance
- RMC Affordable Midwest
The Affordable Housing Expense Analyst will provide centralized support and execution of specific operations functions, focused on areas of expense management and monitoring. The role will focus primarily on centralizing operational tasks to provide consistent and efficient processes, which will drive improved operational performance. The position will also have monitoring and oversight of certain processes that are performed at the property level to ensure accuracy and completion and allow proper reporting to ownership.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
At the direction of the SVP, the Affordable Housing Expense Analyst is directly responsible for the following:
- Support the Regional VP of Property Management and Regional Manager’s to report on day to day operational functions
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports and attend regularly scheduled calls/meetings with Regional and property staff to monitor performance and provide clear direction
- Interface with Ownership, Asset Management and Regional staff in the annual property budget process
- Review monthly financial statements and lead the budget variance analysis process
- Assist property staff on strategic contracts with third party vendors
- Track capital expenditure projects and plans
- Generate annual business plans to be presented to ownership
- Continue to seek out new operational processes that would benefit from centralized execution an incorporate them into existing workflow as capacity permits.
- Adjust day-to-day responsibilities to meet the requirements of the wider management business, as directed by your direct supervisor, or other senior leadership.
- Ad hoc projects, as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experience with affordable property management operations
- Analytical mindset, proactive in nature, agile and motivational by design.
- Ability to confidently present to/debate with all levels of management and ownership.
- Professional demeanor & absolute discretion as it relates to confidential information.
- Expert with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneSite. Ability to quickly adapt to new computer systems and thrive in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment.
- Ability to interact professionally up and down the chain of command, from property owners, to site employees, and build and maintain relationships with external partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent telephone and WebEx presentation skills.
- Ability to quickly generate contract comparison grids and other highly sophisticated spreadsheets that provide detailed comparisons of outside vendor contracts and agreements.
- Highly organized, ability to multi-task and fundamental understanding of the value of time as it relates to time management skills.
- Self-driven with the ability to enthusiastically work independently and on a team.
- Exceptional time management and prioritization are necessary to succeed in a fast-paced environment where the Analyst will be required to manage multiple projects with significant responsibilities and competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have 2-4 years of property management experience.
- Strong quantitative and strategic analysis skills are required.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree, although significant industry experience may be substituted for a college degree.
- Must be eligible to work in the US and willing to travel to sites and work remote.
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies and we continue to place a high priority on developing, acquiring and preserving housing for this sector. In fact, over 60% of our 50,000+ residential apartment homes under our management are part of one or more affordable housing programs, and an additional 20% of these homes provide workforce housing.
In the area of acquisitions and refinancing, we pursue properties that meet one of the following criteria: Section 8 properties with project-based contracts; Section 236 properties in need of rehabilitation; Section 42 LIHTC properties with expiring low-income restrictions; Section 515 FmHA properties with loans that can be prepaid; or other assisted properties, including HODAG, HOME, federal or state-financed public housing.
Not the right job for you?