Affordable Housing Revenue Administrator
- Accounting / Finance
- RMC Affordable Midwest
The Affordable Housing Revenue Administrator will provide centralized support and execution of specific operations functions, focused on areas of revenue, revenue enhancement, risk mitigation, and training and monitoring of site staff. The role will focus primarily on centralizing operational tasks to provide consistent and efficient processes, which will drive improved operational performance and to enhance cash collections across the portfolio. The position will also have monitoring and oversight of certain processes that are performed at the property level to ensure accuracy and completion and allow proper reporting to ownership. The position has direct execution responsibility for key income deriving activities (HAP Contract submission, HUD Grant submission, among others) and other activities as determined and directed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
At the direction of the SVP, the Affordable Housing Revenue Administrator is directly responsible for the following:
- HAP Voucher Requests
- Complete voucher requests by the 5th of each month
- Ensure complete submission by the 15th of each month
- Resolve all TRACs errors, once received, in a timely manner
- Ensure that unclaimed Tenant Utility Reimbursement checks are added back to the voucher to return to HUD
- Rent Adjustments
- Maintain gross rent changes by property for the assigned portfolio
- Complete Multifamily Housing Utility Analysis updates as required
- Assist site teams with the completion of OCAF rent increases
- Special Claims
- Provide training to site teams on documentation and submission process
- Submit completed claims to HUD or the Contract Administrator
- Add approved claims to HAP voucher
- Address rejected/denied claims, once received, in a timely manner
- Annual Recertification Process
- Provide overall oversight of the process and monitor via OneSite property management software
- Work with site teams to ensure notices are sent timely, as required by HUD
- HUD Resident Service Coordinator Grants
- Submit quarterly vouchers for reimbursement of expenses
- Complete semi-annual reports (50080) and upload into Grant Solutions
- Assist in the completion of the annual budget (91186-A)
- Respond to correspondence as necessary to address oversight concerns and to ensure receipt of annual funding
- Repayment Agreements
- Provide training to site teams on documentation and process
- Assist site teams with transitioning repayment agreements into OneSite
- Continue to seek out new operational processes that would benefit from centralized execution an incorporate them into existing workflow as capacity permits.
- Adjust day-to-day responsibilities to meet the requirements of the wider management business, as directed by your direct supervisor, or other senior leadership.
- Ad hoc projects, as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experience with affordable property management operations
- Analytical mindset, proactive in nature, agile and motivational by design.
- Ability to confidently present to/debate with all levels of management and ownership.
- Strong inspirational leadership qualities and at the same time, firm to hold people accountable to their job duties and the results they’re accountable for.
- Professional demeanor & absolute discretion as it relates to confidential information.
- Expert with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneSite. Ability to quickly adapt to new computer systems and thrive in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment.
- Experience using HUD systems, including TRACS, Secure Systems, Grant Solutions, and other related systems to execute day-to-day work.
- Ability to interact professionally up and down the chain of command, from property owners, to site employees, and build and maintain relationships with external partners, including Contract Administrators, Grant Specialists, and other outside regulatory and compliance organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent telephone and WebEx presentation skills.
- Ability to build relationships and influence indirectly when no direct authority is present
- Ability to quickly generate contract comparison grids and other highly sophisticated spreadsheets that provide detailed comparisons of outside vendor contracts and agreements.
- Highly organized, ability to multi-task and fundamental understanding of the value of time as it relates to time management skills.
- Self-driven with the ability to enthusiastically work independently and on a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have 5+ years of property management experience at a Community Manager or higher leadership level with a proven track record of success.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree, although significant industry experience may be substituted for a college degree.
- Industry designations such as Certified Apartment Management (CAM), Certified Property Manager (CPM) and others through the National Apartment Association (NAA) and/or Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) are preferred.
- Affordability Housing credentials, such as Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) and Tax Credit Specialist (TCS) are preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the US and willing to travel to sites and work remote.
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies and we continue to place a high priority on developing, acquiring and preserving housing for this sector. In fact, over 60% of our 50,000+ residential apartment homes under our management are part of one or more affordable housing programs, and an additional 20% of these homes provide workforce housing.
In the area of acquisitions and refinancing, we pursue properties that meet one of the following criteria: Section 8 properties with project-based contracts; Section 236 properties in need of rehabilitation; Section 42 LIHTC properties with expiring low-income restrictions; Section 515 FmHA properties with loans that can be prepaid; or other assisted properties, including HODAG, HOME, federal or state-financed public housing.
Not the right job for you?