Affordable Housing Revenue Administrator
- Accounting / Finance
- RMC Affordable Midwest
The Affordable Housing Revenue Administrator will provide centralized support and execution of specific operations functions, focused on areas of revenue, revenue enhancement, risk mitigation, and training and monitoring of site staff. The role will focus primarily on centralizing operational tasks to provide consistent and efficient processes, which will drive improved operational performance and to enhance cash collections across the portfolio. The position will also have monitoring and oversight of certain processes that are performed at the property level to ensure accuracy and completion and allow proper reporting to ownership. The position has direct execution responsibility for key income deriving activities (HAP Contract submission, HUD Grant submission, among others) and other activities as determined and directed.
At the direction of the SVP, the Affordable Housing Revenue Administrator is directly responsible for the following:
- HAP Voucher Requests
- Complete voucher requests by the 5th of each month
- Ensure complete submission by the 15th of each month
- Resolve all TRACs errors, once received, in a timely manner
- Ensure that unclaimed Tenant Utility Reimbursement checks are added back to the voucher to return to HUD
- Rent Adjustments
- Maintain gross rent changes by property for the assigned portfolio
- Complete Multifamily Housing Utility Analysis updates as required
- Assist site teams with the completion of OCAF rent increases
- Special Claims
- Provide training to site teams on documentation and submission process
- Submit completed claims to HUD or the Contract Administrator
- Add approved claims to HAP voucher
- Address rejected/denied claims, once received, in a timely manner
- Annual Recertification Process
- Provide overall oversight of the process and monitor via OneSite property management software
- Work with site teams to ensure notices are sent timely, as required by HUD
- HUD Resident Service Coordinator Grants
- Submit quarterly vouchers for reimbursement of expenses
- Complete semi-annual reports (50080) and upload into Grant Solutions
- Assist in the completion of the annual budget (91186-A)
- Respond to correspondence as necessary to address oversight concerns and to ensure receipt of annual funding
- Repayment Agreements
- Provide training to site teams on documentation and process
- Assist site teams with transitioning repayment agreements into OneSite
- Continue to seek out new operational processes that would benefit from centralized execution an incorporate them into existing workflow as capacity permits.
- Adjust day-to-day responsibilities to meet the requirements of the wider management business, as directed by your direct supervisor, or other senior leadership.
- Ad hoc projects, as needed.
- Experience with affordable property management operations
- Analytical mindset, proactive in nature, agile and motivational by design.
- Ability to confidently present to/debate with all levels of management and ownership.
- Strong inspirational leadership qualities and at the same time, firm to hold people accountable to their job duties and the results they’re accountable for.
- Professional demeanor & absolute discretion as it relates to confidential information.
- Expert with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneSite. Ability to quickly adapt to new computer systems and thrive in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment.
- Experience using HUD systems, including TRACS, Secure Systems, Grant Solutions, and other related systems to execute day-to-day work.
- Ability to interact professionally up and down the chain of command, from property owners, to site employees, and build and maintain relationships with external partners, including Contract Administrators, Grant Specialists, and other outside regulatory and compliance organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent telephone and WebEx presentation skills.
- Ability to build relationships and influence indirectly when no direct authority is present
- Ability to quickly generate contract comparison grids and other highly sophisticated spreadsheets that provide detailed comparisons of outside vendor contracts and agreements.
- Highly organized, ability to multi-task and fundamental understanding of the value of time as it relates to time management skills.
- Self-driven with the ability to enthusiastically work independently and on a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have 5+ years of property management experience at a Community Manager or higher leadership level with a proven track record of success.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree, although significant industry experience may be substituted for a college degree.
- Industry designations such as Certified Apartment Management (CAM), Certified Property Manager (CPM) and others through the National Apartment Association (NAA) and/or Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) are preferred.
- Affordability Housing credentials, such as Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) and Tax Credit Specialist (TCS) are preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the US and willing to travel to sites and work remote.
Related Management Company is the owner and operator of a premier portfolio of assets valued at over $60 billion. Our operating portfolio consists of a diversified mix of properties including luxury rental buildings, retail and commercial space, luxury condominium residences, affordable, and workforce housing located throughout the United States.
As the owner and developer for the majority of the RMC portfolio, we have ensured that our buildings are the best assets in their respective submarkets. We provide a diligently maintained property management platform with dedicated professionals who consistently exceeds our residents’ and commercial tenants’ expectations. Our dedication to providing the highest and most personalized level of service is one of the hallmarks of the company and a key differentiator in the market. For more please visit www.Related.com .
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Not the right job for you?