Assistant Community Manager - Affordable
- US-NY-Highland Falls
- Property Management
- Weyant Green
This Multi-site Assistant Community Manager is responsible for assisting with the overall day-to-day operations of two affordable residential communities in Highland Falls & Middletown, NY, totaling 150 units. Ensuring all functions are in compliance with all company policies and procedures and all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity, Fair Housing and Human Rights statutes, as well as ensuring each property is in compliance with all and any applicable program regulations. Maintain high levels of resident satisfaction by seeking to understand and anticipate resident needs.
- Answer all incoming phone calls and handle accordingly
- Ensuring that the vacant apartments are in perfect, move-in condition. Physically inspect property when on grounds, pick up litter and report any service needs to maintenance staff
- Handle incoming phone calls and show the property to prospective new residents
- Thoroughly review all lease applications, assist with application verification and notify prospective resident of results. Complete all lease paperwork, including related addendums
- Maintain and supervise a lease renewal program following LIHTC/HUD guidelines.
- Maintain awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contribute ideas to Community Manager for marketing the property and improving resident satisfaction
- Conduct market surveys. Shop competition; have constant awareness of neighborhood market conditions
- Maintain accurate resident records. Update on a daily basis all rents, deposits and application fees received by residents. Issue appropriate notices when necessary (i.e. late payment, eviction notices, returned checks, memos)
- Collection of rents and preparation of receipts
- Accept service requests from residents and route to maintenance for prompt processing. Conduct service follow-up with resident when job is complete
- Receive, log and properly code all invoices and review with Community Manager for approval.
- Update weekly reports concerning notices to vacate vacancy reports, activity reports, etc. and provide information to Community Manager
- Affordable Housing and LIHTC/section 8 experience strongly preferred
- Experience in property management
- Strong leadership and accounting skills are a must
- Position requires extensive administrative and organizational skills; ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including excellent telephone skills)
- Ability and commitment to learn new material quickly and further develop skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team
- Experience with MS-Office (solid knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience with OneSite program (or similar software program) or ability to quickly learn new software programs
- Ability to perform accounting functions (Accounts Payable/Receivable) complete with comprehensive understanding of credits/debits/re-classes and accruals
- Ability to work on several projects at once while continuing to perform day-to-day activities
*May be required to work weekends.
#CBAB #GLAB8 #APAB4
Related Management Company is the owner and operator of a premier portfolio of assets valued at over $60 billion. Our operating portfolio consists of a diversified mix of properties including luxury rental buildings, retail and commercial space, luxury condominium residences, affordable, and workforce housing located throughout the United States.
As the owner and developer for the majority of the RMC portfolio, we have ensured that our buildings are the best assets in their respective submarkets. We provide a diligently maintained property management platform with dedicated professionals who consistently exceeds our residents’ and commercial tenants’ expectations. Our dedication to providing the highest and most personalized level of service is one of the hallmarks of the company and a key differentiator in the market. For more please visit www.Related.com .
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Not the right job for you?