Occupancy Specialist (Part-Time)
- Administrative / Clerical
- Woodland Towers
Related Management is seeking a Part-Time Occupancy Specialist. The Occupancy Specialist will be responsible for for the leasing of apartments, applications processing, accurate tracking of leasing data and completion of related reports in compliance with all company policies and procedures and with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity, Fair Housing and Human Rights statutes.
Location: Collinsville, IL
Hours: 28 per week
- Participates in all marketing and leasing functions related to all affordable housing programs and applications, including remarketing assessments.
- Facilitates the renewal and recertification process for all program participants.
- Interviews and processes applications for new move-ins and lease-up of vacant units.
- Resident retention including the renewal process and move-in orientations.
- Prepares all required and agency reports
- Ensures accuracy of recorded information about each affordable housing program.
- Site specific administration and compliance.
- Initiates new ideas, methods and systems related to affordable housing processing.
- Special projects and tasks.
Specific Site and Leasing and Recertification Administration Tasks
- Maintains an accurate up-to-date status of rental units, including availability of units and supply status reports to the Property Manager on a weekly basis.
- Assures applications are received, date stamped and logged.
- Accurately maintains the Applicant Logbook, assigning numbers in the order applicants are received.
- Thoroughly reviews applications to ensure that all information is correctly and completely shown. Ensures that applications are processed timely and if applicable, in application order.
- Thoroughly understands all site regulatory programs and implements leasing criteria and the income bands of eligibility and clearly explains them to prospective residents.
- Interviews applicants utilizing the Applicant Checklist.
- Responsible for processing of all applicant files for move in by conducting household interview, obtaining 3rd party verifications, tracking responses, confirming eligibility and preparing files appropriately for Property Manager for lease and certification signing.
- Tracks progress of all applications in process for units available and acts to expedite completion of said files within program parameters. Maintains a minimum required number of approved files at all times for all tax credit waiting lists.
- Approves/denies applications based on the leasing criteria and program requirements.
- Assures that all leases and addendums are properly signed.
- Assures proper tenant file set up.
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date waiting and transfer lists (if applicable).
- Must have knowledge, understanding and experience in affordable housing certifications and/or leasing.
- Two+ years affordable housing experience preferred but not required.
- Strong leadership, organizational and administrative skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team.
- Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of OneSite operating software desired.
- Knowledge of HUD Section 8 programs and certification processing – voucher and HAP processing and submission a plus
- Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS) and/or Certified Tax Credit Specialist, or attainment of within six (6) months of hire. Training is provided.
Related Management Company is the owner and operator of a premier portfolio of assets valued at over $60 billion. Our operating portfolio consists of a diversified mix of properties including luxury rental buildings, retail and commercial space, luxury condominium residences, affordable, and workforce housing located throughout the United States.
As the owner and developer for the majority of the RMC portfolio, we have ensured that our buildings are the best assets in their respective submarkets. We provide a diligently maintained property management platform with dedicated professionals who consistently exceeds our residents’ and commercial tenants’ expectations. Our dedication to providing the highest and most personalized level of service is one of the hallmarks of the company and a key differentiator in the market. For more please visit www.Related.com
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Not the right job for you?