Resident Services Liaison
- Administrative / Clerical
- Northpoint Preservation
Northpoint Apartments, one of Related's affordable housing apartment complexes located in Chicago, IL is seeking a Resident Service Liaison to join their team. Responsibilities are similar to concierge and include such tasks as researching community, local and national services for residents, conducting assessments and providing opportunities to residents to improve their well-being, transportation, meals and services available to the community. May work with government agencies such as City of Chicago and State of Illinois as well as other public and private services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists and advises residents and families of the services which may be necessary to maintain a self-reliant lifestyle. Promotes wellness activities for all residents.
- Educates residents, families, and staff on available community resources (for example, case management, personal assistance, homemaker, meals-on-wheels, transportation, counseling, occasional visiting nurse, preventive health screening/wellness and legal advocacy).
- Assists residents in building informal support networks among themselves and with family members and friends.
- Acts as a liaison between community agencies, service providers, and residents.
- Works as a team member with facility manager and other housing management staff in serving residents/clients. Encourages residents to be proactive in meeting their social, psychological, and physical needs.
- Resolves conflict with management and advocates for residents well-being.
- Facilitates meeting of needs when necessary, but avoids the creation of unhealthy dependence.
- Monitors the deliver of services to residents to ensure they are appropriate, timely, and satisfactory.
- Performs service management functions for all residents needing assistance.
- Provides limited case management (i.e., evaluation of social, psychological and physical needs and the development of a service plan) for a resident when such service is not being provided by the general service community.
- Educates residents on service availability, application procedures, resident's rights, etc., both individually and as a group.
- Reports all suspected abuse situations to the appropriate agency.
- Sets up volunteer support programs with service organizations in the community.
- Advocates and may negotiate on behalf of residents for the adequate, timely and cost-effective provision of services.
- Meets with service providers as needed and appropriate.
- Assembles a directory of community services and makes it available to residents, families, and management.
- Assists management in identifying residents who need assistance.
- Maintains individual files on residents which will contain at least the following: intake information, service termination information, quarterly review and follow-up, human or civil rights abuse, resident/family meeting notes. Resident files to be kept in a secure area to ensure confidentiality.
- Completes reports with copies given to the site manager, Quality Assurance, Administrator, Manager, and government agency (where applicable) in an accurate and timely manner or according to governing regulations. Pursues avenues for additional services through private local, state, and federal sources
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred but not required- Social Work, Gerontology, Psychology or Public Health preferred; however, individuals without a degree, but with appropriate work experience may be hired.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of community services in the region with particular knowledge of services that are provided for the population living within the facility.
- Proven experience in service management, including organizing, problem-solving, and advocating.
- Experience in conflict resolution; aware of eligibility for and procedures of Federal and State entitlement programs; alert to legal liability issues relating to providing service coordination.
- Strong customer service experience.
Related Management Company is the owner and operator of a premier portfolio of assets valued at over $60 billion. Our operating portfolio consists of a diversified mix of properties including luxury rental buildings, retail and commercial space, luxury condominium residences, affordable and workforce housing located throughout the United States.
As the owner and developer for the majority of the RMC portfolio, we have ensured that our buildings are the best assets in their respective submarkets. We provide a diligently maintained property management platform with dedicated professionals who consistently exceeds our residents’ and commercial tenants’ expectations. Our dedication to providing the highest and most personalized level of service is one of the hallmarks of the company and a key differentiator in the market. For more please visit www.Related.com
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Not the right job for you?