Bookkeeper (Affordable Housing)
- Accounting / Finance
- Riverview II
Related is seeking a Bookkeeper to assist with the financial operations of our affordable housing community with a total of 343 units in Yonkers, NY. Responsibilities include:
- Process vendor invoices for payment
- Set up and maintain all vendors in invoicing system
- Collect cash receipts (checks/money orders) and maintain accurate up-to-date cash receipts postings
- Process move-in/out information through the accounting system
- Assure accurate tenant billing including processing of recurrent and non-recurrent charges
- Review and confirm accuracy of accounts receivable (AR) monthly reports including detailed tenant histories, security listings, tenant charge listings, and rental rolls
- Maintain accounts payable (AP) and forward all properly coded invoices on a timely basis to the Community Manager for final review
- Maintain accurate tenant arrears records and pursue collections
- Administer the site's rent stabilization program
- Process and submit monthly HAP voucher for Section 8 programs, if applicable, including monthly interim recertification’s and gross rent changes
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with appropriate bond contract administrator and maintain appropriate forms and certifications for the bond program
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off & holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Robust modern fertility program
- Incentive bonus program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Program & more!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience using RealPage Onesite, Ariba and JD Edwards is a plus
- 236 and Tax Credit experience required
Related Management Company (RMC) is the owner and operator of a premier portfolio of assets valued at over $60 billion. Our operating portfolio consists of a diversified mix of properties including luxury rental buildings, retail and commercial space, luxury condominium residences, affordable, and workforce housing located throughout the United States.
As the owner and developer for the majority of the RMC portfolio, we have ensured that our buildings are the best assets in their respective submarkets. We provide a diligently maintained property management platform with dedicated professionals who consistently exceeds our residents’ and commercial tenants’ expectations. Our dedication to providing the highest and most personalized level of service is one of the hallmarks of the company and a key differentiator in the market. For more please visit www.Related.com.
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Not the right job for you?