Desk Clerk (Part-time) (Bilingual Chinese)
- Administrative / Clerical
- Northgate Terrace
Related is seeking a part-time bilingual Desk Clerk at our affordable housing community, totaling 201 units, in Oakland, CA. Under the direction of the Community Manager, the Desk Clerk monitors traffic in and out of the building, as well as, communicates with residents, visitors and staff. Writes end of shift reports and incident reports, writes work orders, enforces project policies in a manner consistent with fair housing regulations, and keeps the reception area neat. Responsibilities include:
- Answer telephones, direct calls, take messages and coordinate with on-site manager for emergencies
- Assist with office responsibilities such as completing work orders, comment cards, visitor violation forms and other duties assigned by management
- Inform visitors of visitor policy, as well as, sign visitors in and out of the building
- Complete incident reports
- Fill in, as requested, when other Desk Clerks are absent
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Time Off
- Experience working with people of various cultural backgrounds, especially seniors
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and Fair Housing guidelines or ability to complete training within 30 days
- Good sense of awareness, urgency and follow procedures to solve problems
- Must able to lift 35LBS and stand for 8 hours
- Ability to read, understand and communicate fluently in English
- Bilingual in Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin)
This role is part-time and will work 20-21 hours per week*. The schedule will rotate between Weeks A & B (shown below) which shows that every other weekend is required (*Additionally, holidays will be rotated).
WEEK A: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
WEEK B: Friday 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., and Saturday/Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Related Management Company (RMC) is the owner and operator of a premier portfolio of assets valued at over $60 billion. Our operating portfolio consists of a diversified mix of properties including luxury rental buildings, retail and commercial space, luxury condominium residences, affordable and workforce housing located throughout the United States.
As the owner and developer for the majority of the RMC portfolio, we have ensured that our buildings are the best assets in their respective submarkets. We provide a diligently maintained property management platform with dedicated professionals who consistently exceeds our residents’ and commercial tenants’ expectations. Our dedication to providing the highest and most personalized level of service is one of the hallmarks of the company and a key differentiator in the market. For more please visit www.Related.com.
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Not the right job for you?