Assistant Manager, Hudson Yards Experiences
- US-NY-New York
- Customer Experience
- 30 Hudson Yards
Hudson Yards is currently seeking an Assistant Manager of Operations who will be responsible for a specialized area of the Edge observation deck. Reporting directly to the Director, the Assistant Manager will be responsible for managing the daily operations of the experience, managing a team, assist with planning, development and implementation of standard operating procedures and safety protocols. The Assistant Manager will provide strong operational leadership and direction while overseeing and directly managing the guest experience and staff.
- Oversee the experience ensuring operations runs as efficiently as possible while meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Demonstrate leadership qualities by managing and providing a work environment that promotes positive energy, creativity and teamwork among employees
- Ensure team building and communications are a collaborative, working relationship with other departments. Provide team members with clear expectations to ensure a cohesive and productive team approach.
- Manage customer satisfaction and employee concerns, individually or as a whole. Make effective decisions that help the business run smoothly and reach it objectives
- Ensure appropriate and effective throughput strategies are in place maintaining a world class experience for all visiting guests, ensuring world class customer service while maintaining the highest safety standards for guests and staff alike
- Assist with ongoing recruitment process and provide leadership in departmental training and development
- Execute with the Director, individual objectives, creating milestones and perform performance management mid-year and yearly reviews
- Ensure all health and safety guidelines and procedures are adhered to without fail
- Maintain and execute all procedures, manuals and policies to ensure that they are delivering the highest level of customer safety possible
- Execute plans to increase employee productivity, motivation and morale
- Conduct departmental performance appraisals; provide leadership and guidance in all employee corrective actions situations or performance management
- Provide recommendations for training and development plans overseeing all departmental training
- Assist in the development and revision of existing life safety, crowd control, evacuation, fire safety and emergency plans, policies and procedures
- Assist the Director in implementing new methods of maintaining highest level of safety within the department
- Execute the implementation of health and safety goals, objectives, policies, procedures, budgets and work standards for the department annually
- Stay apprised of and involved with the performance of the Company’s fire, life and safety program
- Reinforce and demonstrate a positive “health and safety” culture
- Bachelor degree
- 5 years in a management/supervisory role with developing and conducting training programs
- 5 years experience with a high capacity attraction preferred
- Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, conflicting demands, frequent interruptions, and heavy workloads
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of the day
- Flexible to work rotating shifts, which includes but is not limited to evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required
- First Aid and CPR training
- Strong desire to work in entertainment attraction industry
- Comfortable working in varying weather conditions
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and climb multiple flights of stairs multiple times daily
- Ability to bend, twist, and stretch
- Capable of fully extending arms overhead
- Dexterity to pinch/squeeze with force
- Must be able to work weekends
Hudson Yards has become the cultural center of Manhattan’s New West Side. A template for the future of cities, this new neighborhood has not only changed the way New York looks to the world, but the way the world sees New York. Be part of one of a kind experiences at New York’s newest neighborhood by joining our Hudson Yards Experiences team. Hudson Yards has an exciting opportunity open for an Assistant Manager who is passionate about creating and delivering unforgettable experiences. This position will be based in New York City.
Vessel is a new kind of public landmark. Engaging and interactive, the centerpiece of the Hudson Yards Public Square and Gardens is meant to be climbed and explored with others.
Edge is the highest outdoor sky deck in the Western Hemisphere, with a one-of-a-kind design. It’s suspended in mid-air, giving guests the feeling of floating in the sky with 360 degree views they can’t get anywhere else.
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Not the right job for you?