Accountant/ Office Manager - The Shops at Columbus Circle
- US-NY-New York
- Administrative / Clerical
- 10 Columbus Circle
The Office Manager will be required to oversee all administrative functions for The Shops at Columbus Circle. This includes financial oversight of outsourced vendors, preparation of the annual budget, processing and approving invoices, tracking expenses to budget, explanation of variance to budget and forecasting. It will also include any other administrative or organizational tasks that may be required including assisting with development of CAM analyses.
- Prepare the property’s annual operating budget in coordination with the property management and property accounting team.
- Set up financial spreadsheet reports with formula inclusion to create detailed operating/income budgets consisting of 250 items or more.
- Maintain contract summary logs. Prepare and administer all contracts and payments under contracts and purchase orders.
- Review and approve of recurring property disbursements and non-recurring tenant charges from the property.
- Prepare various reports on a quarterly, monthly, weekly, and daily basis as needed. These reports may include collaboration with cash flow, variance analyses, monthly and year end accruals, monthly and year end closings and other accounting functions working closely with the Property Accounting team.
- Process invoices and track expenses to budget.
- Provide budget and forecast variance explanations of detailed income and expense.
- Maintain office files and office supplies.
- Contract management for the office; ensuring that all contracts are properly approved, filed, and kept-up-to-date. Also, comparing all invoices against approved contracts prior to processing for payment.
- Establish and implement office protocol and procedures.
- Assist with interactions with vendors and assisting in providing requirements to procure operational equipment, supplies, and connections.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Review and compare to contracts for outsourced employees weekly timesheets and other employee files.
- Submit or Create reporting templates in Excel that would integrate with J.D. Edwards accounting software.
- Produce PowerPoint presentations for special meetings and preparatory work for important decision-making processes.
- Coordinate and supervise other administrative tasks as necessary.
- Serve as a liaison between the Office of the Building and General Manager and the tenants, customers, vendors, and contractors.
- Work closely with the overall Time Warner Center team in facilitating smooth cross-departmental relationships.
- Work with the property management team to fulfill tasks as required for shopping center maintenance and performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other office software programs.
- Advanced level computer knowledge, including proficiency in J.D. Edwards, Tenrox, and/or CTI software tools would be preferred.
- Four or more years of Property Accounting and/or Administrative experience in a shopping center environment.
- Managerial experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including a strong understanding of the English language.
- Ability to maintain a strong customer service focus with both internal and external customers.
- Attentiveness to detail, strong grammatical skills, and proof-reading ability.
- The ability to be highly organized and prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge of accounting fundamentals, and financial aptitude.
- Ability to be highly organized and multitask in an active business environment.
- Professional appearance and pleasant demeanor.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Ability to be on-call during off hours to attend to special requests and/or emergency situations.
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. With over $60 billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?