2021 Summer Associate, Real Estate Acquisitions and Development
- 30 Hudson Yards
The Summer Associate will be responsible for supporting the development in all aspects of projects including: financial analysis and modeling, due diligence, zoning, legal oversight, budgeting, design, construction, acquisition, project management and leasing.
- Perform financial analysis and due diligence for new investment opportunities
- Assist with all aspects of a development: financing, entitlement / government approvals, public relations, design, leasing / marketing, and construction
- Assist in preparing business plans, including annual operating plans, financial forecasts and strategic plans
- Manage detailed municipal filings for various development related programs, such as municipal financing applications and real estate tax abatements
- Monitor construction costs, budgeting, and the timeline of deliverables
- Research and analyses: Benchmark retail activity in target markets by tracking rents, sales per SF, operating costs, competitive supply and retailer expansion activity
- Minimize exposure and risk on various projects
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to superiors
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program with a graduation date of Spring 2022
- Pre-graduate school experience in finance or real estate analysis
- A strong passion for real estate development
- Real Estate focused degree/curriculum
Locations available: New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles and West Palm Beach
Program dates: June through August
We take the time to fully review each application. Every offer we make represents our commitment to invest resources in developing a successful career. Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. If you submit a resume for an internship, we will contact you directly should your skill set match our available summer internship program positions.
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer
Learn more about our Summer intern program: https://youtu.be/uQhggb2eftA
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States with over sixty billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Formed over 45 years ago, Related is the largest private owner of affordable housing and a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of design, development, acquisitions, management, finance, hospitality, sustainability, and sales. Related’s mixed-use, residential and commercial office properties have been consistently heralded for their placemaking vision – bringing together iconic design, arts and culture, dynamic programming, and innovative wellness programs. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?