Construction Project Manager
- US-CA-Los Angeles
- 333 South Grand Avenue
The Related Companies is seeking an experienced construction professional with both high-rise and low-rise residential experience to join its Affordable Construction Management team as a project manager. As a PM you will be responsible for managing and directing the construction of Related’s residential building(s) rehabs and renovations. The successful candidate must possess the knowledge and experience that will permit them to manage the renovation construction process, including but not limited to: pre-development planning, scheduling, logistics, cost management, and construction operations. In addition, the successful candidate must possess the interpersonal skills that will allow them to collaborate with accounting, finance, and management teams as well as the consultant teams and governmental agencies. This position will be based in Los Angeles with domestic travel up to 70%, West Coast, Texas and the Midwest.
- Perform daily on-site walk-thru’s to ensure contract performance, safety compliance, and quality control with the intent of delivering a quality rental/residential product
- Assist in managing the day-to-day operational aspects of a project
- The ability the make decisions that consider underwriting models and requirements
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Implement document control procedures for all construction related documents including contractual agreements and insurance documents
- Draft scope review, bid and award process
- Maintain change order logs and related project documentation
- Manage the local permitting and related governmental requirements where applicable
- Update project budgets and schedules
- Keep minutes for regular status reports and project meetings with the project team and keep ownership informed during the project
- Minimum of 5 years construction administration experience with a focus on residential renovations
- Primary decision making responsibility for the entire construction process
- A professional with excellent judgment and intuitive interpersonal skills
- Some knowledge of architectural, structural, and MEP systems
- Construction/field experience and developing project management skills
- Excellent communications skills – written and verbal
- Some real estate or hospitality experience is a plus
- An entrepreneurial, self-motivated and results-oriented individual
- Degree in one of the following disciplines is preferred: Engineering, Construction Management, Engineering + Management, Architecture, other related fields or experience
Please note that Related has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, Related employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Related Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Companies is a global real estate and lifestyle company defined by innovation and the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States with over sixty billion in assets owned or under development including the 28-acre Hudson Yards neighborhood on Manhattan’s West Side, The Grand and Related Santa Clara in California and The 78 in Chicago. Formed over 45 years ago, Related is the largest private owner of affordable housing and a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of design, development, acquisitions, management, finance, hospitality, sustainability, and sales. Related’s mixed-use, residential and commercial office properties have been consistently heralded for their placemaking vision – bringing together iconic design, arts and culture, dynamic programming, and innovative wellness programs. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi and London, and boasts a team of approximately 4,000 professionals. Related was recently named to Fast Company Magazine’s list of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World. For more information about Related, please visit www.related.com.
Not the right job for you?