Assistant Community Manager - Affordable
- Residential Property Leadership
- Bella Vista
Your role within the company:
Related is seeking an Assistant Community Manager to assist with the day-to-day operations of our housing community totaling 100 units, in Austin, TX. Reporting directly to the Community Manager, the ACM is responsible for various administrative functions to ensure the onsite office runs as efficiently as possible. It is the responsibility of the ACM to carry out all duties in full compliance with Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity regulations as well as with RMC’s Fair Housing personnel policy and in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity regulation and RMC’s EEO policy.
- Maintain the affordable housing waitlist and process new move in files
- Show property to prospective new residents
- Ensure on-time completion of annual re-certifications
- Conduct annual/interim unit inspections to ensure compliance with Tax Credit and Section 8 standards
- Oversee move in and move out process
- Maintain accurate resident records including rents, deposits and application fees received by residents
- Issue appropriate notices when necessary (i.e. late payment, eviction notices, returned checks, memos)
- Collection of rents and preparation of receipts
- Oversee maintenance staff in regards to unit turn overs and work orders
- Meet with residents to resolve issues and complaints
- Receive, log and properly code all invoices for Community Manager’s approval
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off & holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Robust modern fertility program
- Incentive bonus program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Program & more!
- One to three years of experience Affordable Housing experience strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of HUD policies as well as Project Based Section 8 rules and regulations for Project-Based Affordable Housing and Tax Credit
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to develop a rapport with the residents and HUD administrator/State Monitoring Agency
- Handle resident concerns and requests on timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills (including excellent telephone skills)
- Position requires extensive administrative skills and attention to detail; ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability and commitment to learn new material quickly and further develop skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team
- Experience with MS-Office (solid knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience with OneSite program (or similar software program) or ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Ability to perform accounting functions (Accounts Payable/Receivable) complete with comprehensive understanding of credits/debits/re-classes and accruals.
- Ability to work on several projects at once while continuing to perform day-to-day activities
Related Management Company is the owner and operator of a premier portfolio of assets valued at over Sixty billion. Our operating portfolio consists of a diversified mix of properties including luxury rental buildings, retail and commercial space, luxury condominium residences, affordable, and workforce housing located throughout the United States.
As the owner and developer for the majority of the RMC portfolio, we have ensured that our buildings are the best assets in their respective submarkets. We provide a diligently maintained property management platform with dedicated professionals who consistently exceeds our residents’ and commercial tenants’ expectations. Our dedication to providing the highest and most personalized level of service is one of the hallmarks of the company and a key differentiator in the market. For more please visit www.Related.com.
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Not the right job for you?