- US-NY-New York
- Property Maintenance
- 50 Hudson Yards
The Chief Engineer will report to the building director of Engineer and matrix to the building General Manager in discharging the following duties. Monitor and enforce adherence for all programs.
- Oversee the maintenance and continuous operation of all building systems including: fire/life safety, mechanical (HVAC, plumbing, controls) electrical (lighting, UPS, PDU, generators, primary switch gear), lighting and temperature controls systems, critical environments,
- Supervise and manage engineers, including training and personal development.
- Advises the preventative maintenance program for critical and non-critical systems.
- Identify the maintenance objectives of the facility and incorporate those objectives into a documented plan that includes preventive, predictive and reactive maintenance procedures meeting industry standards and best practices.
- Understands the engineering design and operational aspects of the building systems related to 50HY site. Recognizing system shortcomings when they occur.
- Work to identify safety hazards within the building and incorporate the remediation of such hazards to ensure that the building’s staff and occupants work in a safe environment. Implement, administer, and manage safety training program.
- Develop & implement standard operating procures for all equipment and needed policies.
- Ensure that compliance of all regulatory laws and guidelines are met as they relate to the operation of the building’s infrastructure. Responsible for alerting and documenting Manager of building discrepancies.
- Fully implements all Related Hudson Yards standard operating practices and best practices.
- Develop annual energy cost savings strategy. Work with Hudson yards Energy Managers and General Managers to effectively implement cost savings initiatives. Insuring these measures are track for performances.
- Identifies key stake holders and resources to assist in executing energy strategies.
- Assist in the development of a Capital plan which would include planning for infra-structure upgrades, equipment replacements and building modifications to ensure the building’s future capabilities are maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring that major projects performed at the building are properly planned, executed and closed out in accordance with standard industry practices.
- Maintain all infrastructure and compliance documentation for the building including up-to-date building drawings and single-lines as well as documentation mandated for the purpose of maintaining regulatory compliance with Federal, State or Local law.
- Responsible for solving building operational problems, including the supervision of outside contractors/vendors when used.
- Responsible for keeping records of buildings rounds and readings, all engineering logs and engineering data sheets.
- Responsible for advance training and notification to all contractors so that they are informed and knowledgeable with respects to the building’s critical functions and the work they are to perform, including an incident contact response list.
- Performs additional job duties as requested.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 10+ years related work experience, including Chief Engineer supervisory experience
- Opening and startup of a class A NYC building a plus
- Expert knowledge of building systems
- Operating Engineers license (SMA) or equivalent
- Certification as a Universal Technician for CFC’s
- Working knowledge of computer applications including CMMS, Word and Excel
- Demonstrated expert verbal/written communication skills
- Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service
Please note that Related has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. As a condition of employment, Related employees working on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Related Management Company is the owner and operator of a premier portfolio of assets valued at over Sixty billion. Our operating portfolio consists of a diversified mix of properties including luxury rental buildings, retail and commercial space, luxury condominium residences, affordable, and workforce housing located throughout the United States.
As the owner and developer for the majority of the RMC portfolio, we have ensured that our buildings are the best assets in their respective submarkets. We provide a diligently maintained property management platform with dedicated professionals who consistently exceeds our residents’ and commercial tenants’ expectations. Our dedication to providing the highest and most personalized level of service is one of the hallmarks of the company and a key differentiator in the market. For more please visit www.Related.com.
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Not the right job for you?